`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you normally wait for buyers to pay on eBay?

RE: How long do you normally wait for buyers to pay on eBay?
(07-29-2014, 12:46 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have an auto set for 4 days and a case is automatically opened..
Seems to work..
This is what I do also so I don't have to think twice about it.

(07-28-2014, 08:10 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: after 3 days, i resend the invoice. after 5 days, i send a veru friendly message thanking them for their bid, and go with a very general inquiry on eta. after 7 days, if i havent heard from them, i tell them they have 3 more days, and then i file a NPB

as noted above, you cant leave negatives or neutrals as a seller, or even a positive with a negative statement
That is almost exactly the same thing I do. The only time I get in a rush for payment is if the card or player is really hot, and I am concerned that the buyer may back out if the player goes cold and then I won't be able to resell for the same price. Though that is extremely rare and I think I have only had that happen once, but even then the buyer still paid (just took a full week to pay).

As a buyer, I can say that there are several reasons why I might not pay immediately (though at least 90% of the time I pay within a few hours of an auction ending, and usually only a few minutes). The times I don't pay right away may be because I have a bunch of items for sale that are ending soon or awaiting payment, and would prefer to get Paypal in my account and not have to pay from my bank or credit card. However the most common instance of waiting to pay is when I am waiting for more of the seller's auctions to end in order to combine S&H, but I usually message the seller about that especially if they don't have a clear amount of time to pay listed in the auction.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thank you all again for the comments. Today marked 7 days with no payment so I went in and opened the case.

Thanks,
- Steve