`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Did this make anyone else cry?

RE: Did this make anyone else cry?
Like I said...I dislike the Yankees, but Jeter is a class act.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Ah but he is a Yankee none the less....Greatness comes in navy pinstripes!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

That was a great video, thanks for posting. I had to work during the ceremony so I didn't get to see it live.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

I'll say it, I thought it was overproduced, CGI junk. Just because you CAN make up something, doesn't mean you SHOULD make it....

.....than I saw Tony Gwynn and the room got really dusty....

and I could not be happier for Frank Thomas.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(07-28-2014, 12:50 PM)zaccheus85 Wrote: Like another poster, I smiled too much throughout to cry.
The only part I thought looked wrong was Babe Ruth.
1) the "guard" was way too slender.
2) the colorization from the B&W clip was horrible.
3) the blending of the head of Ruth on the body of the Guard looked wrong.
4) John Goodman's Ruth makeup looked more natural than that "real" image ... And Goodman didn't look anything like Ruth Smile
Other than that, everything else was really well done, the Brokaw narration was touching.
But, Throughout the commercial, I kept thinking ... Wow, what a great setting for Ben Stiller's next hit ..... Night At The Museum III. Smile
that would be cool, right?

(07-28-2014, 12:50 PM)zaccheus85 Wrote: I harbor a great dislike for the Yankees, but the pre-ASG tribute to Jeter was incredible. I hate the Yankees but Jeter is a great guy!
It's hard to deny greatness when it's been constantly and consistantly there staring you in the face for the past 20 years. Look at the top 10 lists of most categories, and Jeter is on them. Its hard to deny that We were witness to a legendary player.
I used to marvel at my Grandfather when he told me stories about seeing Ruth and Gehrig play at Yankee Stadium. One day, I'm sure my future Grandkids will feel the same about me seeing Jeter and Mariano.

My 2 favorite moments of the Jeter RE2PECT Commercial.
1) The two BoSox fans guiltily acquiescing to tip their caps. Hilarious!
2) The Mets scene with the Blurred image of Mr. Met ... Too funny!
You must have been something special When your 'enemies' show you that level of Respect.
It's sad to see him go, but it's classy that he's leaving with his head held high, and leaving gracefully. Too many players try for that 'one more season' and eventually fall flat. It's also fitting that after last years botched rehab problem, that he came back to be productive and not leave with a 'career ending' injury.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Well said Mitch
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]