Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Trout Stash

RE: My Trout Stash
Doc, if your sharing? I can one or two, lmk, thanks
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Wow!!!! That's a nice little stash you have there. If you'd be willing to trade one of the base rookies let me know. I wasn't collecting in2011 so I missed the boat on these. I think I have some nice Yankees stuff is be willing to part with.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(07-22-2014, 08:08 PM)Odyssey Wrote: Thats like finding a mini gold mine right there. If you ever look to move some of those please let me know. Congrats there
Thanks. I traded two over the past year (wow ... So I had 22!) when the value was about half of what it is today. I can't believe the steady jump the BV is making. I'm sure anyone that has his auto cards (i don't) are equally and happily surprised, too! Although I have one currently in my trade folder, I might just take it off ... 20 Trout RC sounds so much nicer than 19 Trout RC. Smile

(07-22-2014, 09:38 PM)muz0 Wrote: oh wow lol no wonder why I don't have a trout RC..you have em all. nice!
LOL ... Thanks
Yeah, if only it was a /20 print run Smile

(07-22-2014, 10:03 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Love that red. Have the blue myself, but never found any target blasters. Even called in some favors with the Excell rep and he couldn't even find them.
Thanks Jared.
Personally, I love the cognac Trout card, but that's just me Smile
You couldn't find any 2011 update blasters at Target because apparently, I was buying them up at an alarming rate Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Very nice. I also like the RED. I dont know why but the red looking cards allways make the card POP IMO.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

nice collection you got going there, I was half expecting it to end with a picture of you holding a trout under your nose like a mustache (yes bad joke I know)

Thanks Jared.
Personally, I love the cognac Trout card, but that's just me Smile
You couldn't find any 2011 update blasters at Target because apparently, I was buying them up at an alarming rate Smile
[/quote]

I guess so. I wasn't quite back into the hobby at that point, but I never even saw clearance hangers or blasters at Target after. I bought up a ton of the Walmart ones, but I don't think I have a single Target red parallel from that set.

I did at one time have about a dozen of the base Trout - bought them up for $4 a piece from a woman on Listia or something like that. Sold all but two of them for a tidy profit.
Kepler

(07-23-2014, 07:22 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Very nice. I also like the RED. I dont know why but the red looking cards allways make the card POP IMO.
In this case, it's probably the red on the uniform, batting gloves and background that makes the red parallel card POP!

(07-23-2014, 07:34 AM)rentzington Wrote: nice collection you got going there, I was half expecting it to end with a picture of you holding a trout under your nose like a mustache (yes bad joke I know)
LOL
Actually, a very funny joke, as I didn't even realize the play on words until you said something! Thanks, I had a really good laugh!
I wish I thought of that in the first place .... That would have been an epic joke photo!
(07-23-2014, 01:05 AM)elberson Wrote: Doc, if your sharing? I can one or two, lmk, thanks
(07-23-2014, 02:17 AM)Haze28 Wrote: Wow!!!! That's a nice little stash you have there. If you'd be willing to trade one of the base rookies let me know. I wasn't collecting in2011 so I missed the boat on these. I think I have some nice Yankees stuff is be willing to part with.
Thanks guys! I'll keep you in mind!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.