`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
You buy it, but don't?

You buy it, but don't?
Currently looking at a card that is an auction, with bids on it. But the BIN option is still available?? Which I've never seen that you were able to buy a card once bids were on it but idk.

But this card has a reserve. So if the reserve is "not met" that's means the highest bidder does not win the card? The cards gets re-listed again? If you have a buy it now at a price, then a reserve on the auction, seller needs to learn what a BIN OBO option for listing cards is

eBay rant

RE: You buy it, but don't?
They probably get auction-style listings for free but have to pay insertion fee for fixed-price listings. Hence the auction with a BIN and a reserve price. It's basically the same as having a fixed-price BIN with BO option, and setting a minimum offer amount. If the reserve price is not met then there is no sale. If the bid reaches the reserve price then the BIN option goes away. They could have set their minimum bid at whatever the reserve price is but sometimes it's harder to generate interest that way.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

RE: You buy it, but don't?
I don't mind these types of auctions. In fact I love some of them especially when the BIN is near what they go for. People bid hoping for a deal and I swoop in and BIN lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC