`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some info on a team case break

Need some info on a team case break
I've never done one before and was wondering if someone could give me some help. Some I looked at says you're bidding on a signed index card, pen, or top loader and get whatever team cards as a bonus. What the heck is the signed index card, pen, or top loader about? Also one says that you get only 1 card of the team unless a price reaches a certain amount to get the rest. I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into before I attempy one so can someone give me some dos and don'ts on this?
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Need some info on a team case break
Sounds like you need to find another person

I just did a break and guy is real good low prices and you get all of that team. You actually get 2 teams for price of one, and some are selected random

(07-20-2014, 05:45 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: Sounds like you need to find another person

I just did a break and guy is real good low prices and you get all of that team. You actually get 2 teams for price of one, and some are selected random
Yeah, I think I'm going to pass. Unless I'm missing something I don't know why I would bid on a signed index card and if I'm the high bidder I get the cards. I figure that if I'm the high bidder I would get the cards of the team I picked anyway. Maybe Ebay has them do it this way so you get something for your money in case none of your team cards get pulled?

ebays rules prohibit bidding on a team in a break, so they get around that by saying you are bidding on a index card and they will include "free" the cards from the team...not sure why they would say they wont give more than one unless they get X bid

I'd go elsewhere, you're better off using one of the places that sells via their site.

(07-20-2014, 06:32 PM)rentzington Wrote: ebays rules prohibit bidding on a team in a break, so they get around that by saying you are bidding on a index card and they will include "free" the cards from the team...not sure why they would say they wont give more than one unless they get X bid

I'd go elsewhere, you're better off using one of the places that sells via their site.
That makes total sense. One of the "breaks" I looked at states that you will get 1 of the team cards if the bid doesn't reach X amount. Of course I'm not bidding on the Cubs or White Sox so I doubt it will reach it. Thanks for the info.

(07-20-2014, 06:08 PM)mjmj1966 Wrote: Maybe Ebay has them do it this way so you get something for your money in case none of your team cards get pulled?
I know at one point ebay stopped all breaks. This was about the time I stopped myself (no other reason than I like the thrill of rippin.....LOL). Anyway, as long as they are selling you something (index card, marker, pile of dung).....the team cards your winning bid is matched up with are thrown in.

I was under the impression that this isn't the case anymore and they are allowed now (Beckett ran some football breaks through thier ebay store a week or two ago....but they did offer to send you a boobie prize of some sort if no cards were pulled of your team). Anyway, others will chime in as there are box break sites without going through ebay.

Sorry but you totaly lost me with the one card if your not the highest bidder deal......head for the hills, you'll never be the highest bidder. Good luck!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-20-2014, 06:41 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I know at one point ebay stopped all breaks. This was about the time I stopped myself (no other reason than I like the thrill of rippin.....LOL). Anyway, as long as they are selling you something (index card, marker, pile of dung).....the team cards your winning bid is matched up with are thrown in.

I was under the impression that this isn't the case anymore and they are allowed now (Beckett ran some football breaks through thier ebay store a week or two ago....but they did offer to send you a boobie prize of some sort if no cards were pulled of your team). Anyway, others will chime in as there are box break sites without going through ebay.

Sorry but you totaly lost me with the one card if your not the highest bidder deal......head for the hills, you'll never be the highest bidder. Good luck!
On the 1 card deal the description stated that if the high bid didn't meet their stated price of X amount then the winning bidder would only get 1 card of their team instead of all of them. If it went above their stated price you would get every card for your team. Needless to say I let that one pass. Not sure if I can post the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILADELPHIA-PHI...20e910d364

U should check out some of sites for breaks. Cardsmiths is one. Mojobreak is another.
I found that u can actually do randoms or get the team u want cheaper than the bay.
I've been doing them for a while now. I've hit darvish auto abreu auto Harper auto. Hope this helps. Thanks.

I believe the "if the high bid didn't meet their stated price of X amount then the winning bidder would only get 1 card of their team instead of all of them" in case they end up selling all the teams or just a few and their total income for all sold teams is $100.00 but the case cost them $500.00. If they give you ONE card of your pick ( I hope) then they can sell the rest to make up for the $400.00 loss. Hopefully that makes sense. If you bought the "Orioles" for a winning bid of $5.00 and were the ONLY team sale-with NO other bids period--there would be a major loss on the part of the seller or "buster". Hes just trying to cover his cost. I would be OK with it if it one-was a small bid ($10.00 or less) AND, YOU,---and I do MEAN YOU, get to pick the card you want. Otherwise the case may have busted a Ripken auto but they send you the common card instead.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(07-20-2014, 05:01 PM)mjmj1966 Wrote: I've never done one before and was wondering if someone could give me some help. Some I looked at says you're bidding on a signed index card, pen, or top loader and get whatever team cards as a bonus. What the heck is the signed index card, pen, or top loader about? Also one says that you get only 1 card of the team unless a price reaches a certain amount to get the rest. I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into before I attempy one so can someone give me some dos and don'ts on this?
As has been stated, ebay rules prohibit chance/random purchases. To get around it they sell something of no value (business card, their auto, etc.) AND as a bonus you get all the cards of the team listed from the break. The only time I have seen the 1 card unless bids over a certain amount was when that amount was under the minimum bid so merely by bidding you were over that amount.

I've done a few with different people and have worked just fine. I'm a team collector so this has worked well to just get cards of my team.