`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My turn for a BGS submission post!

RE: My turn for a BGS submission post!
I'm beginning to think I'm not nearly as good at picking out high-grade cards as some of you all on here. There is a TON of gold in that submission, many congrats!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(07-21-2014, 11:13 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I'm beginning to think I'm not nearly as good at picking out high-grade cards as some of you all on here. There is a TON of gold in that submission, many congrats!
It is not that you arent good its just that you arent as picky. Most people only pick cards that they think are going to be 9.5s. If they see any flaws at all they do not submit it. For guys like you and I, we obviously strive for this but with some of our PC cards we just wanted them slabbed. Even if they have 1-2 small flaws we still submit them because they are PC and would look better slabbed.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(07-21-2014, 12:30 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: It is not that you arent good its just that you arent as picky. Most people only pick cards that they think are going to be 9.5s. If they see any flaws at all they do not submit it. For guys like you and I, we obviously strive for this but with some of our PC cards we just wanted them slabbed. Even if they have 1-2 small flaws we still submit them because they are PC and would look better slabbed.

That's mostly true. I wanna slab all my $25+ MJs, even cheaper MJs if I particularly like their look, and all my $10+ Mitches. The goal is really 8.5s and up, but the gold labels sure are nice! I just want ONE 10, just one, I'm 0 for 5 on my submissions, and I had a 39-card submission once lol
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(07-21-2014, 11:13 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I'm beginning to think I'm not nearly as good at picking out high-grade cards as some of you all on here. There is a TON of gold in that submission, many congrats!
Mine grade better mostly because they are newer cards I think. I'm honestly not that picky about what I submit. All the cards I submit are PC so I'm not too picky. Some of the cards you had submitted were 10+ years old. They've been through a lot! haha. I'd be happy with the grades you got with cards that are a little older.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

Congrats on the great grade. They look great slabbed, especially with all that gold.cards.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

WOW!! Congrats!! Love the Barry Sanders! Can't wait for the next submission.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]