`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Rip-it-Or-Keep-it......Updated!

RE: Mini Rip-it-Or-Keep-it......Updated!
Thanks all, still pretty excited about it. I spent a good amount of money on the unripped mini rip card (more than I've spent on any single card in the mini collection) so I was fairly relieved when it yielded a mini 1/1 worthy of the price I paid. I'm pretty much going to be in the card version of the "poor-house" for several months but have no regrets. It's also been nice to have such well-viewed and commented on thread, most of my mailday sharing threads get very little notice Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: Mini Rip-it-Or-Keep-it......Updated!
Oh Pete...they get noticed! I think we are more over-whelmed (and envious...in a good way) then you are by the sheer magnitude of your collection and the dollar signs flashing in our heads everytime you show postal crates full of packages. Awesome stuff. Please keep sharing....I'll try to elaborate with more than "thanks for sharing" in the future.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: Mini Rip-it-Or-Keep-it......
(07-14-2014, 06:31 PM)zeprock Wrote: I hate the concept of Rip Cards. Ripping a card in the hopes of getting a better card is like dating a girl in the hopes that her sister is better looking.
Ditto. This is yet another dumb idea from Topps. I will be very happy when other companies can make baseball cards again.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

RE: Mini Rip-it-Or-Keep-it......
(07-17-2014, 09:04 AM)jonathani Wrote: Ditto. This is yet another dumb idea from Topps. I will be very happy when other companies can make baseball cards again.
Only onthe Double Rips do you have to destroy the card. If you properly rip and single, it is possible to still enjoy it as a collectible. Put into a penny sleeve and toploader and you don;t even notice the ripped back.
Personally I like the concept better than gambling on prospects and the amount of money people spend on kids who will likely never amount to much is an insane way to participate in the hobby, but to each their own Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]