IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 topps chipz

2014 topps chipz
Is anyone buying this stuff??

RE: 2014 topps chipz
I bought a couple packs last year, but none this year. I think Topps did a good job with making them last year, and keeping them as a retail exclusive. They seemed to sell pretty well last year. Not sure how they have been doing this year.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I bought a box last year and it was fun to open and have traded a few..
But Blowout cards has none in stock...have not been able to buy any

EDIT: 2013 CHIPZ - 530 2014 CHIPZ - 2,664

We (my daughters and I) bought quite a few last year when I think the total product line was 560 Chipz. This year, I think there are like 250 Phillies alone with all the base + parallel golds, silvers, magnets, silver and gold magnets, silver and gold red lettering magnets plus all the auto variations ect...ect.

Way to ruin a nice little product Topps.

OP...I guess you can tell that we haven't purchased any this year to answer your question.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-11-2014, 12:04 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: EDIT: 2013 CHIPZ - 530 2014 CHIPZ - 2,664

We (my daughters and I) bought quite a few last year when I think the total product line was 560 Chipz. This year, I think there are like 250 Phillies alone with all the base + parallel golds, silvers, magnets, silver and gold magnets, silver and gold red lettering magnets plus all the auto variations ect...ect.

Way to ruin a nice little product Topps.

OP...I guess you can tell that we haven't purchased any this year to answer your question.
I agree way too many variations this year. Last year i had to get 6 for goldschmidt now i have to get like 20 total it's crazy! Still have yet to see a few of them surface like the magnetic ones.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Wow, I didn't realize that Topps went crazy with parallels this year. That is definitely a bummer, as kid friendly products like this shouldn't be so confusing. I liked the magnets last year, but wish they had some way of making it less obvious that a magnet chip was in a pack (as all you had to do to find one was hold a bunch of packs together and see which ones stuck together, or hold a pack up to the metal shelving unit to see if it stuck). Instead of making a bunch of parallels it would have been nice if they made more the set bigger with more players (current and retired).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Yeah they ruined this product for sure this year, major bummer! It's also hard to tell the gold from the gold foil chipz. I have 1 gold Goldschmidt but not sure which version it is.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Yes, lots of parallels..many rare..
Same complaint about Pacific years ago..
I like the parallels..love the chase and i am still collecting and finding paralles from Pacific from 1998..
To each his own..
I will open when I find a box a good price..it is fun for me/.

I have done very well..selling these..have tons..got a Jeter gu bat and sold it on the Bay for $50
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

(07-11-2014, 04:14 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Yes, lots of parallels..many rare..
Same complaint about Pacific years ago..
I like the parallels..love the chase and i am still collecting and finding paralles from Pacific from 1998..
To each his own..
I will open when I find a box a good price..it is fun for me/.
I agree in that I like them and for myself, the chase isn't a problem, but for young collectors (who I think the product was initially rolled out for) who don't have the patience doing the chase and finishing te set/subsets, interest wains very quickly.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.