`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the best of a bad situation (w/ scans)

Making the best of a bad situation (w/ scans)
Welp...I recently decided to sell a few higher end Bowman Chrome Autographs that I wasn't entirely happy with due to centering or autograph blemishes, including my 2011 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper Auto and some other bigger name guys. I didn't even come close to what I paid for the majority of them but I did make a big chunk of paypal to rebuy and maybe purchase some different cards and I just wanted to post some of the pickups from this. So here we go....

14 BC Tucker Neuhaus Auto, 12 BC Tommy Joseph Auto, 14 BC Jacob Scavuzzo Auto and 10 BC JR Murphy Refractor Auto /500
[Image: IMG_zpsd97bd840.jpg]
2 Matt MacPhearson Perfect Game Autos, 10 BC Mike Olt Refractor Auto,
07 BC Dellin Betances Auto, 12 Jonathan Schoop Refractor Auto
[Image: IMG_0001_zps3d5f7096.jpg]
09 BC Charlie Blackmon Auto, 11 BC CJ Cron Auto, 11 BC Dee Gordon Refractor Auto, 11 BC Garin Cecchini Auto
[Image: IMG_0002_zps62ea0c0e.jpg]
10 BC Martin Perez Auto, 10 BC Nolan Arenado Auto, 10 BC Christian Yelich Auto, 10 BC Aaron Sanchez Auto
[Image: IMG_0003_zpse8fea12e.jpg]
12 BC Marcus Stroman Auto, 12 BC Andrew Heaney Auto, 14 BC Mookie Betts Auto, 12 BC Anthony Rendon Auto
[Image: IMG_0004_zps83f71fb4.jpg]
14 BC Maikel Franco Auto, 14 BC Mark Appel Auto, 14 BC Kyle Parker Auto, 11 BC Joe Panik Auto
[Image: IMG_0005_zps663a42d6.jpg]
11 BC Matt Barnes Auto, 10 BC Wilin Rosario Auto, 08 BC Lonnie Chisenhall Auto, 09 Bowman Sterling Charlie Blackmon Auto
[Image: IMG_0006_zps525fde4e.jpg]
11 BC Khris Davis Auto BGS 9.5/10 10 BC Anthony Rizzo Auto BGS 9.5/10
[Image: IMG_0007_zps297e8299.jpg]
05 BC Ryan Braun Auto, 05 BC Jacoby Ellsbury Auto, 14 BC Jose Abreu Auto
[Image: IMG_0008_zps95282163.jpg]
And I saved the best for last
11 BC Bryce Harper Auto BGS 9.5/10 and 2013 Bowman Draft AFLAC Kris Bryant Auto /235
[Image: IMG_0009_zps7b85f495.jpg]
I sold a lot of my better stuff like prospect autos such as Joey Gallo BC Auto, Gerrit Cole BC Ref Auto, Xander Bogaerts BC Auto, Oscar Taveras BC Auto, Nick Castellanos BC Auto, Corey Seager BC Auto, Jameson Taillon BC Ref Auto, Billy Hamilton BC Auto, Chris Sale BC Auto, Albert Almora BC Auto, 08 Elite Chris Davis Auto and many more, but I also have a new Sale and a Castellanos BGS 9.5 on the way. I was going back and forth between the Bryant Auto and a 1993 SP Derek Jeter BGS 9 but I really want the Jeter to have subgrades of all 9 at least and there were none on ebay so I went with the Bryant, hopefully he can perform in the majors like he is in the minors. But anyway I hope you enjoy and thoughts and feedback are always welcome.

RE: Making the best of a bad situation (w/ scans)
Nice pickups! I like the Yelich pickup....I see him as a Markakis clone almost...Markakis is halfway to 3000 career hits at age 30 and gets no love from the hobby community.

(07-11-2014, 07:09 AM)JoshHarrison5 Wrote: Nice pickups! I like the Yelich pickup....I see him as a Markakis clone almost...Markakis is halfway to 3000 career hits at age 30 and gets no love from the hobby community.
I don't think Markakis deserves anymore love. 10 HRS, 59 RBIs last year w/ an OPS below .700. Far cry from what he looked like he was going to be earlier in his career. Seems to be doing better this year but still. Gotta hit bombs to get more hobby love
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(07-11-2014, 09:57 AM)iconms Wrote: I don't think Markakis deserves anymore love. 10 HRS, 59 RBIs last year w/ an OPS below .700. Far cry from what he looked like he was going to be earlier in his career. Seems to be doing better this year but still. Gotta hit bombs to get more hobby love
Good points and I understand that the hobby loves HR's and that's basically it. I just think consistent players like him don't get any love. I think he has a chance to get to 3000 hits which isn't easy to do. Hard to find a leadoff guy these days that will give you 160 games a season, hit 300, and give you 180-200 hits consistently season after season.

Nice stuff! Congrats and enjoy. One of the great things about the hobby is the ability to be able to "roll-over" or upgrade to "happy" your PC stuff as you see fit.

"Call the FBI...this thread has been hi-jacked"....LOL.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.