`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Concepcion

Dave Concepcion
Why is this guy not in the Hall of Fame? Barry Larkin is in.

RE: Dave Concepcion
Because he doesn't belong there.....seriously.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Larkin could hit , Dave is more in the Ozzie Smith comparison.

I think Concepcion does deserve to get into the HOF. His stats are definitely better than O. Smiths but Smith did win more awards than Concepcion including 6 more AS appearances & a WS ring. Still I see him on the ballot within a few years or maybe as a Reds fan I'm just hoping.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(07-09-2014, 09:42 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I think Concepcion does deserve to get into the HOF. His stats are definitely better than O. Smiths but Smith did win more awards than Concepcion including 6 more AS appearances & a WS ring.
I don't think it's just awards as Concepcion won 2 WS rings, had 9 All-Star appearances, 5 Gold Gloves, 2 Silver Sluggers, and was the 1982 All-Star game MVP.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

He was part of the Big Red Machine. Yes I know Bench, Rose, and others put up bigger numbers. For a time he was the top SS in the NL. Or at least one of the top two or three.

he was the 6th or 7th best player on his team

Dave Concepcion is probbly one of the most underated players of the modern era. Yes he has good numbers, yes he played his position good, yes he was a 9 time all-star during his career ect ect ect. Other then that during his career he never was a standout player he was on The Big Red Machine of the 70's, he had teamates that had better numbers and stood out from the rest of the pack Concepcion never really did that. Does he belong in the Hall of Fame I dont know. I do think we need to make harder to get into the Hall of Fame by raising the so called magic numbers except for pitchers maybe lower the win totals. Only because the game has changed alot and the training practices of the players have changed.

Concepcion isn't in the Hall of Fame simply because he didn't get enough votes. I would put him in the Hall of Very Good Shortstops.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(07-10-2014, 10:02 AM)zeprock Wrote: Concepcion isn't in the Hall of Fame simply because he didn't get enough votes. I would put him in the Hall of Very Good Shortstops.
+1. He was a good player for a very long time. Not a great player..........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.