`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Error

Card Error
I have a 1989 Topps Toy R Us Collector's Edition Card. The Front display Ron Jones Philadelphia Phillie. The back shows Dave West, NY Mets card 33 of 33. Does this card have any value? Thanks

RE: Card Error
(07-06-2014, 11:58 AM)reisenj Wrote: I have a 1989 Topps Toy R Us Collector's Edition Card. The Front display Ron Jones Philadelphia Phillie. The back shows Dave West, NY Mets card 33 of 33. Does this card have any value? Thanks
I would say no. I looked the card with my baseball price guide sub, and the error variety isn't listed, and is not listed in my 2005 edition Beckett Almanac. You could probably buy the card for a nickel or so. Hope this helps.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Thanks

Someone who collects printing errors, which is what this is, would pay more than 5 cents maybe a couple of dollars at best.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

its a misprint which was very common in those days, so its not an error and its considered a flawed card
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The biggest problem on a card such as that is finding a buyer, I can;t think there are too many David West or Ron Jones collectors out there. You might get $1 retail if you hit the right person.
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

May I add to this?

I recently came across a 1983 Topps Ryne Sandberg rookie that had mostly 3/4 Hubie Brooks on the back. The other 1/4 was Dave Parker.

I also have a 1988 Topps Mario Lemieux blank back card.

Does anyone think that there's a market for these cards?

Thanks!