`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Topps redemption replacement...who would you hope for?

Topps redemption replacement...who would you hope for?
I have requested a replacement for a certain players card (speaking in code so I'm not going against rules) and it is $80 BV /99.

What players would you hope to receive in exchange?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

RE: Topps redemption replacement...who would you hope for?
Anything with similar BV ... Not so picky about s/n ... Assuming auto, or relic, or both ... I would ask for the same. You CAN ALSO request a specific product line ... So if it's a Museum or 5 star you always wanted ... Nows the time to own one worth $80!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I got a luis tiant flashback auto relic from heritage last year, I asked for replacement, I got a 1/10 1 in 11,400 hobby pack Smoltz Golden Moments sparkle auto. . . .it was sweet. I apologize if Im breaking rules, cant imagine how though. . .

(07-02-2014, 03:54 PM)ANomni Wrote: I got a luis tiant flashback auto relic from heritage last year, I asked for replacement, I got a 1/10 1 in 11,400 hobby pack Smoltz Golden Moments sparkle auto. . . .it was sweet. I apologize if Im breaking rules, cant imagine how though. . .
AWESOME!

No rules broken by you... I didn't state player because that is giving away the BV on a card which is a no no.

This came out of 2013 finest and I just got tired of waiting for the card while seeing the player sign newer products.

I think Topps uses SV, not BV.

(07-02-2014, 06:28 PM)stera8 Wrote: AWESOME!

No rules broken by you... I didn't state player because that is giving away the BV on a card which is a no no.

This came out of 2013 finest and I just got tired of waiting for the card while seeing the player sign newer products.
I hade 4 redemptions that were taking forever. It was nearly a year for 3 of them. I asked for replacements and they offered getting 1 better one for the 4. Long story short, I ended up with a Mattingly auto from 2012 Museum ... And I couldn't have been happier!
I was worried because about 1 year before that, I had a Tier One redemption that THEY replaced without my asking, and although I got a decent auto (original redemption: Carlos Gonzalez /10 on card auto. Replaced with David Wright /50 sticker auto) it wasn't from an existing product line ever produced, it wasn't able to be determined if it was a fair replacement or not, and since its not a listed item, it can't put it in ORG and traded. So I wasn't very happy at all. They offered to re-replace it, but I could have been stuck with something horrible ... At least I like David Wright.
So, like I said before, you can't ask for a specific player, but you can ask for a specific product line. You might not get it, but you might avoid something you don't want.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I recently had a Nate Roberts printing plate auto Bowman platinum redemption and was told he wasn't signing. I asked for a George Brett auto or Kris Bryant and they sent me a 2012 Topps Triple Threads White Whale Rickie Weeks auto! Its my first white whale and a descent player.

I'm combining two redemptions today in hopes of getting something huge. 1 of the cards is a CC Sabathia White Whale relic auto 1/1 from triple threads, and the other a DiDi Gregorious jersey auto from finest.

(07-03-2014, 12:49 PM)magneto2 Wrote: I recently had a Nate Roberts printing plate auto Bowman platinum redemption and was told he wasn't signing. I asked for a George Brett auto or Kris Bryant and they sent me a 2012 Topps Triple Threads White Whale Rickie Weeks auto! Its my first white whale and a descent player.
They gave you a 1/1?????

And rob! I wish I had that cc auto white whale!

Yes, but a plate auto is technically a 1/1. So they just replaced a 1/1 with another 1/1.