`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2014 Score vs. 2014 Hot Rookies *question page 2*

2014 Score vs. 2014 Hot Rookies *question page 2*
I understand 2 "different" products but why?

Someone enlighten me on what I'm so obviously missing

Thank you

RE: 2014 Score vs. 2014 Hot Rookies
I thought they were the same...guess I'm out of the loop lol

(07-02-2014, 01:08 PM)savagenate Wrote: I thought they were the same...guess I'm out of the loop lol
On my way to a rainbow, I discovered the "hot rookies" version have "hot rookies" where the score emblem is on the bottom center of the cards...so instead of it saying score, it says hot rookies.. Don't understand that panini but I'm the one that's going to not only buy one rainbow, but yet get another 98% identical to it. Good game panini.

I thought I had a rainbow going but it's half and half Sad so now I have to buy the remainders....ugh

(07-02-2014, 11:51 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: I understand 2 "different" products but why?

Someone enlighten me on what I'm so obviously missing

Thank you
Because if they would have called it Score hobby boxes rather than Hot Rookies people might have realized that most of the inserts and at least half of the autographs would be obvious sticker dumps of mediocre veteran players before buying???

Score is retail only. Panini Hot Rookies is hobby only I think. Keep trying to fix something that was never broken. Sadly that brand peaked in 2009 with Score Inscriptions...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(07-02-2014, 04:06 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Because if they would have called it Score hobby boxes rather than Hot Rookies people might have realized that most of the inserts and at least half of the autographs would be obvious sticker dumps of mediocre veteran players before buying???
So then Hot Rookies is the Hobby Version? like Score Inscriptions or Score Select? that makes sense then

So Hot Rookies is better then Score
or are they on the same plane? i.e. price wise?
(07-02-2014, 05:08 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Score is retail only. Panini Hot Rookies is hobby only I think. Keep trying to fix something that was never broken. Sadly that brand peaked in 2009 with Score Inscriptions...
lol, you answered what I was just asking in my post.. and yeah, 2009 was peak too IMO

It's an attempt to get more money lol I also agree 2009 Inscriptions was the best and I'm sure Select will be released again this year.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I usually build the Score set but liked to pull an occasional decent rookie auto out of the jumbos, but I wont be buying any Score (as I dont like retail only stuff) and Hot Rookies really isnt keeping my Score thing alive so...yeah, this blows.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

So hot rookies is the hobby and more expensive of the two.., don't worry, I already locked up my Hot Rookies Brian Hartline Gem Masters 1/1 Smile

(07-02-2014, 02:09 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: On my way to a rainbow, I discovered the "hot rookies" version have "hot rookies" where the score emblem is on the bottom center of the cards...so instead of it saying score, it says hot rookies.. Don't understand that panini but I'm the one that's going to not only buy one rainbow, but yet get another 98% identical to it. Good game panini.

I thought I had a rainbow going but it's half and half Sad so now I have to buy the remainders....ugh
Haha! Yeah...I'm working on Vontaze Burfict, so I'll have to grab his too. I grabbed the Hot 100 Showcase and the Base score yesterday.