Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2014 Score vs. 2014 Hot Rookies *question page 2*

RE: 2014 Score vs. 2014 Hot Rookies
Question time??

So hot rookies and score are different and there are 2 sets of printing plates listed on Beckett. But I cannot find any "hot rookies" printing plates. Do they exist or are there only the 4 score plates??

(07-05-2014, 06:14 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Question time??

So hot rookies and score are different and there are 2 sets of printing plates listed on Beckett. But I cannot find any "hot rookies" printing plates. Do they exist or are there only the 4 score plates??
I don't have a full answer, but I can tell you that I pulled a printing plate out of a Hot Rookies box which had Score branding on both the front and back. There is also at least one insert set (Future Franchise Fabrics) which retains the Score branding despite coming out of Hot Rookies packs.

(07-05-2014, 06:33 PM)Harv72b Wrote: I don't have a full answer, but I can tell you that I pulled a printing plate out of a Hot Rookies box which had Score branding on both the front and back. There is also at least one insert set (Future Franchise Fabrics) which retains the Score branding despite coming out of Hot Rookies packs.
Yeah that's the conclusion I'm coming up with, I know of the hit rookies rainbow being the same, but I'm thinking there are only one set of plates. I was watching a break and saw a plate with score branding in a hot rookies pack

RE: 2014 Score vs. 2014 Hot Rookies *question page 2*
Only score printing plates exist. The hot rookies printing plates do no exist. The score plates are found in the hot rookies hobby boxes, the question now is, can you get the plates in the regular score boxes/packs too or only hot rookies? Not like it really matters but it's interesting, and bc I'll have to buy them all on the bay anyways...

(07-02-2014, 09:08 PM)butterworth1326 Wrote: So hot rookies is the hobby and more expensive of the two.., don't worry, I already locked up my Hot Rookies Brian Hartline Gem Masters 1/1 Smile
they are much more expensive than Score - was thinking of getting a box because of the 4 autographs, but after seeing what the breaks look like, I decided that with limited funds to buy cards it looked worth skipping unless the price drops dramatically.

(07-07-2014, 11:12 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I decided that with limited funds to buy cards it looked worth skipping unless the price drops dramatically.
My prediction is that by the end of the 2014 sales year, retailers are going to be all but giving those boxes away. Just going from DACW, it's telling that Hot Rookies is the only major 2014 release so far to neither be marked up in price nor sell out at any point.