`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am so devastated.....

I am so devastated.....
My favorite player and main PC player has not re-upped with my favorite team.

I've been collecting Paul Stastny since 2006-07, his rookie year. 427 cards, 55 autos, 122 GU, a jersey....

I don't know what to do. I think I'm too far along to stop....he will still remain one of my favorites but not sure if I will be as "hardcore PC."

Go Avs Go!

RE: I am so devastated.....
In my opinion if he's your favorite player then it doesn't matter what team he's on. Tough call, really.

I had two players get traded and I kept collecting them, but one was a kid I played high school with so it's not quite the same.

Start collecting Iginla and Briere Avs cards instead Wink
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I know how it is man, Mathieu Perreault is my favorite player. I grew up in Hershey and watch him go from AHL standout to NHL third liner. I started collecting all his cards and next thing you know he's out. I still collect his cards and hope he gets to hoist the Cup.

Yep, I've followed my faves through several team moves.nature of the beast

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

Scoop up the few remaining Stastny cards in AV's colors you like & retire the PC. That was my plan if Lundqvist had not resigned with the NYR's last year.

(07-01-2014, 05:45 PM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: Yep, I've followed my faves through several team moves.nature of the beast
Yea I hear that. I'm sure I will continue to do that but I just despise the Blues. Especially after a couple of the games this year against Colorado when they were complete goons and the whole Backes/MacKinnon thing.....

.....but I will traverse past that I suppose.

For real though, I feel like a 5 year old who heard Santa isn't real.

I love/hate sports!
Go Avs Go!

I too went through your situation a few years back with my Max Talbot PC.

He went to the Flyers from the Penguins.....truly devastating to me...however...he was my favorite player....so i sucked it up and continued my PC of him....then luckily he left and went to Colorado...which has made it easier to collect him again.

If you like the player ...you like the player...collect him for the reasons you like him and the name on the back of his jersey...not the logo on the front.

Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

I hear you. There's no team I hate more than the Flames, so when I get a Bert Flames piece my skin still crawls lol. I still collect all the pieces, but they don't feel the same as my guys in a Canucks uniform.

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

Collected Forsberg through all the team changes. Was great to see him go back to the Avs in the end, maybe Stastny will do the same!

Stick with him.