`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITG error?

ITG error?
As many of you know i collect Mike Richter cards and part of my continual hunt for new cards of his, is to monitor what pop up on ebay.

Tonight i saw this card: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/13-14-ITG-SUPERLA...2518.l4276

nothing really special except... thats not Mike Richter on this card... its is name but its not a picture/drawing of him...

I've only been a fan of his for 20-some years so i might be wrong... but im pretty sure im not!

So anyone saw this card in "real" whats the deal? Does the error been noted already by ITG and/or Beckett?

ITG usually do nice stuff but did they hire a new guy/team to design hockey cards and they don't know anything about hockey?
PC: Mike Richter, Keith Yandle

NEW Top 3 Most Wanted Cards :
1- 1995-96 BE A PLAYER AUTOGRAPHS #S191
2- 1997-98 UPPER DECK GAME DATED MOMENTS PARALLEL #107
3- 1997-98 PINNACLE TOTALLY CERTIFIED PLATINUM GOLD MIRROR #13

RE: ITG error?
if its not him then who is it?
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

That happens to be Henrik Lundqvist in his NHL debut mask as outlined in the link provided. ITG makes mistakes like this all of the time, hence why they have so many cards without the players' pictures. Just don't let Dr. Brian Price know. Hehe!

Randi

Actually, it is Dan Blackburn. Dr. Price was made aware of the error shortly after the product came out.

Accidents like these do happen on occasion. Sometimes a photo can slip through the proofing process due to factors such as a mislabeled file name, etc. If you look at the finished design, the photo is obviously not as clear due to the effects used on it. Had it been clear, perhaps it would have been spotted during the proofing process.