`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Prizm Break. Not terrible.

RE: 2014 Prizm Break. Not terrible.
(07-02-2014, 01:51 AM)Haze28 Wrote: Collation was not that great on this product. After 6 boxes I still didn't have the base set done and from what my friend at the LCS was telling me, he watched about 8 cases opened at the shop and didn't see a single David Ortiz high number pulled. It was the last card he needed for the set and still doesn't have it.
Yeah, I pulled like 3 of those! JK ... Although I'll check and see if I have one that you can give him.... Yeah, I have one, but it's #74 .... I thought the cards only went 1-200?
If that's the one he needs, let me know.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-02-2014, 08:41 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, I pulled like 3 of those! JK ... Although I'll check and see if I have one that you can give him.... Yeah, I have one, but it's #74 .... I thought the cards only went 1-200?
If that's the one he needs, let me know.
anything over 200 is a SP.
I've bought about 4 blasters and 1 box and I've gotten 2 SP
Now compare that with Heritage where you can nearly get a SP in every blaster.

Yep, 201-210 are SP's and are hard to find. I still only have 5 of them.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(07-01-2014, 07:41 PM)demondukk Wrote: gocardinals- Thanks!

mgruber2- Prizm is really fun to break this year. It was ok in '12 and '13 but they nailed it this year by making it a low end break with lots of Prizms inside and 2 AUs per box. I recommend it to everyone as a nice "holdover" break between bigger purchases.
Well I bit the bullet and ordered 2 boxes from Steel City. Will post the results after I get them.

Broke a box yesterday and loved the cards. Grilli and Clint Frazier autos and a purple Trout /75. Some other nice pulls as well.
Back into hobby after years off! Red Sox fan from Vermont.
@kemilio on Twitter

i swore no more boxes but I may just have to source a few online and see if i do better than my LCS box