`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh brother. Do you ever feel the need...

Oh brother. Do you ever feel the need...
...to set these people straight? Either the seller has no idea, or is a scammer to the nth degree.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/...nFlag=true
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

RE: Oh brother. Do you ever feel the need...
How would he be a scammer? Because he's asking that much? Nothing wrong with asking 100x the amount something is worth, it doesn't mean someone will pay it. And if someone does, shame on them for not doing some research.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

RE: Oh brother. Do you ever feel the need...
Heck, that's a pretty sweet card ... And $40 Canadian is like $10 here or something? Right? Smile Smile Smile
Kidding ..... I'm sure NOBODY is ever going to pay that, but WTF, if someone is willing to pay $40 for a Mike Trout rookie, what's the difference? I think looking back, Bo was as popular as Trout, if not more so, and people were speculating like crazy on Bo cards. Sure, the 87 Future Stars isn't his rookie card, so that's an outright lie, but when I pulled a nice '87 Bo Jackson card from a wax pack, I had the same feeling back then as when I find a Trout card in my hermetically sealed foil, or whatever cards are sealed with today!
Talking about Bo and comparing Trout to him .... Did you see that mammoth HR Trout hit in KC? The longest HR since Bo! Pretty cool!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.