`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail theft at post office

Mail theft at post office
I mailed out two trades two weeks ago in the box outside the post office,never had an issue doing this before but I usually go inside but I was lazy and it was raining.

Fast forward to this week still no tracking info on on my trades so I sit on hold for an hour with my local post office and I'm told no one can find it and to come in and fill out a trace form to track it down.

So today I go in and the lady at the counter acts like I'm crazy and says they don't always scan in mail, told her 3 times this was from 2 weeks ago and I had delivery confirmation. She looks at me and says there is nothing we can do... So about this time I'm starting to get irate and tell the woman someone needs to do something here I need an answer. Thankfully a coworker of hers said for me to speak to the supervisor .

Supervisor told me that same weekend they had some cases of "fishing" in the boxes outside the post office doors. He said people were lowering something sticky down into the box and pulling up everything they could and several people had mail stolen that same weekend.

Since I only bought dc and not insurance there is nothing they can do unfortunately. He did say he never recommends using outside boxes for this exact reason.

So a warning to all of you, always go inside to drop off your mail...don't be lazy and end up like me

RE: Mail theft at post office
I sell on ebay and take packages inside to be mailed i dont trust outside boxes and I dont trust my postwoman who delivers the mail to do pick ups as scheduled because she is lazy she has left packages for me out on the curb in the rain instead of bringing them up to the door where they can stay dry so to ensure the people get what i tell them they are getting and to make sure it gets there in a timely manner its worth standing in line

I allways go in and drop off mail. It secures my piece of mind so I know who I am handing it to and they know me by first name. They know what I am shipping and I dont even have to speak a word. I have only had 3 packages that never showed up an 2 damaged in 718 trades on this site with another 100 trades on 3 other sites. Damaged and lost mail happens no way around it. Stolen mail I just want to rip someones head off even if it is a bill I am expecting.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

^^ This. Yeah i'll always go inside. That just gives me the creeps and makes me pretty pissed off that someone would go to these lengths to steal mail. There's a special place for people who do that..no its not heck, its my backyard so I can go a few rounds on their face.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I had never had an issue using the box but the wife would always chirp thst I should take it inside
I'm fairly sure stealing mail is an executable offense in texas so maybe they'll catch them

I highly doubt somebody had the time to fish a collection box with out being caught and arrested. The time it would take to do something like that wouldn't allow for a clean getaway.

(06-26-2014, 08:46 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: I highly doubt somebody had the time to fish a collection box with out being caught and arrested. The time it would take to do something like that wouldn't allow for a clean getaway.
You pull up to the box in your car. Looks like your dropping off mail. Only way a cop would notice is if your still sitting there hours later when he drives by again.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(06-26-2014, 08:57 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: You pull up to the box in your car. Looks like your dropping off mail. Only way a cop would notice is if your still sitting there hours later when he drives by again.
Yup they said it's happened before they stick a line down get out what they can and go

(06-26-2014, 08:46 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: I highly doubt somebody had the time to fish a collection box with out being caught and arrested. The time it would take to do something like that wouldn't allow for a clean getaway.
I've seen the mailbox outside a local Post Office here that was so full you could literally reach in and take something so it's not that far fetched. I walked inside and mailed my stuff instead

OP - where do you live? Curious.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]