`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP: Favorite way to bid on cards at auction?

HELP: Favorite way to bid on cards at auction?
Hello,

My name is Matt and I am conducting a survey of sports memorabilia collectors, dealers, and enthusiasts who regularly participate in auctions. Specifically, I am trying to get an understanding of how the auction landscape is changing as more live, non-Ebay auctions offer an online component. I would like to request your help by taking a brief 10 question survey about your bidding and auction preferences here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KMSVZNW

There is no cost and I can offer only my gratitude for your help. I appreciate any and all responses and questions.

Mods - I am real and this is not spam but if you feel this does not belong in your forum, please let me know and I will be happy to take it down.

Best,

Matt

RE: HELP: Favorite way to bid on cards at auction?
Does anyone in the forum leverage live auctions to find baseball cards? I once saw a complete 1933 Goudey set at a rural country auction. Just curious if people use auctions outside eBay to find cards and other sports items.

I don't purposly attend auctions to bid on cards / collectables, but if I'm at one, maybe. This hobby is one small portion of my life (at times it's not lol) and it's a casual hobby for me, not an end all be all.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks for the replies and feedback. If have a second, please try out my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KMSVZNW I am still trying to collect responses from people who buy cards and memorabilia at auctions off ebay.

Matt

When I am trying to get something higher end I check every auction I can, and the bay is is one, but only one of several I use.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks