`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wondering how...

Just wondering how...
I was just perusing the 2014 American Thunder checklist in the database and was noticing how there are A LOT of uploaded scans for the set...including the whole Yellow/5 parallel set! As well as nearly all of the relic sets. How or who could have uploaded all those sets??? Especially the complete Yellow/5 set?

Just found this curious and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this? It's quite impressive!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Just wondering how...
That IS curious, Jason! Only thing that I can think of is all of our 'hidden' members are posting them. The ones that always look but never talk (post). I am sure that you have also noticed that every thread we post gets dozens of views before it even gets 10 posts/replies. There are lots more collectors/lookers than there are posters.

Hey guys, I am the Racing analyst with Beckett. I got an email from a member of the racing boards about this. We actually got all of the images directly from the manufacturer. It doesn't always happen but we were very fortunate this time.

(06-24-2014, 12:58 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: I was just perusing the 2014 American Thunder checklist in the database and was noticing how there are A LOT of uploaded scans for the set...including the whole Yellow/5 parallel set! As well as nearly all of the relic sets. How or who could have uploaded all those sets??? Especially the complete Yellow/5 set?

Just found this curious and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this? It's quite impressive!

I have them all and posted the scans Smile, lol, jk!

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(06-24-2014, 03:03 PM)jgrunert Wrote: Hey guys, I am the Racing analyst with Beckett. I got an email from a member of the racing boards about this. We actually got all of the images directly from the manufacturer. It doesn't always happen but we were very fortunate this time.
Very cool, Thank You for the info! It's pretty neat to see all of them like that! Kudos to Press Pass for supplying all those.
(06-24-2014, 03:24 PM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: I have them all and posted the scans Smile, lol, jk!

Jerry
LMAO!!! Big Grin You dog, were that true, you'd be the envy of all of us, Jerry! Too funny!

COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

that is great. mAYBE they can do that more in the future really it would be cool if all the comapanies would do this in the future

thanks for the answer and i look foward to this weeks show
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(06-24-2014, 03:57 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: that is great. mAYBE they can do that more in the future really it would be cool if all the comapanies would do this in the future
+1
AGREED!

I thought about that, but thought it was just too long of a shot-in-the-dark that PP would do that. That is awesome of PP to send the scans to Beckett and also awesome how fast Beckett got them uploaded. Hopefully this will lead to an ongoing information relationship b/t Beckett and PP!
Thank you Justin, for replying to this thread!

A little rant on this...

We all know that Beckett breaks at least one of every box that comes out. The best you can ever hope for is to watch the rather lame Box Buster videos to see what these cards look like, and to see examples of everything...I don't, and have never, understood why they can't scan these breaks and have a page dedicated to each box that they break, if anything just to give good pics of a sample of each set, with the box break results, base cards, inserts, hits, odds, etc.

I have offered to do this in the past in exchange for a box or two, but they never seemed interested, as if it is such a huge deal to scan a box of cards as part of the editorial content of the magazine/website...just give me one chance to write some editorial content, instead of relying on the boards to do it, where it's only ever the "hits" and usually the editorial is how bad the resale value of the box is.

That said, thanks for this...at least it's something...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com