Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Two sweet pickups...and something I COMPLETELY don't understand

Two sweet pickups...and something I COMPLETELY don't understand
So here's my two pickups....

Picked up the Graham because it was only $11 [Image: _3-1_zps1f883860.jpeg]

And this beauty
[Image: _12_zpsb57fc5cc.jpeg]

I guess I just don't understand, with all lynch has done, why are his cards not up there in price with AP? Or even in the same ballpark?

RE: Two sweet pickups...and something I COMPLETELY don't understand
set the rushing game record, 2000 yard rusher, been consistent every year.

as for lynch his coming out party didnt happen until he went to seattle

just my opinion
[Image: child_please_banner_49ers_zps677193f9.jpg]

I don't expect lynch to be the exact same value...but his exquisite re auto /99 with a 4 color patch, for $75??? Cmon...

He deserves more respect than that.

so... you are upset because you didnt get to pay more? lol. j/k

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

Haha...I know I know....Just confused

There are a ton of former & current players whose cards are almost criminally undervalued right now, imo. Marvin Harrison really stands out for me, but you can take your pick.

I think part of it is the craze for quarterbacks, part of it is the (not entirely unfounded) belief that modern running backs are a dime a dozen, and part of it is just that many of these men play(ed) in relatively small markets and/or during eras which many of the current hobbyists don't remember.

In the end, nobody ever complained about having to pay too little for something they wanted, so just enjoy being able to collect some of your favorite players at relatively low prices.

If Lynch's RCs were in Seattle uni, they'd be worth triple what they are now IMO. Shaun Alexander was highly collected, and Seattle fans love Lynch a lot more.
Lynch also is NOWHERE near what AP is. Lynch may be able to throw a strong career where he ends up top ten in rushing, but no one notices that anymore. You tell the average NFL fan that Curtis Martin has the 4th most rushing yards all time, or that Marshall Faulk is tenth, they would find it hard to believe. Even Jerome Bettis being 6th is hard to believe. All popular backs, but nowhere near recognized as the all time greats.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(06-22-2014, 09:20 PM)Harv72b Wrote: I think part of it is the craze for quarterbacks, part of it is the (not entirely unfounded) belief that modern running backs are a dime a dozen...
I agree on both counts. Many collectors (especially casual ones) want QBs, first of all. (I once had a trader go through my ORG and pick out dozens of QB cards from the 50s to today. I don't collect a specific position, just Chicago Bears--not really a QB powerhouse after Luckman--so it worked for me!) Secondly, concerning the "dime a dozen" RB notion, this may have to do with short careers, lots of trades from team to team with some of these guys, and the fact that some are not "marquee" players anymore because they split time with someone else in the backfield--the position is more specialized than it used to be.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Lynch and AP just simply dont have the same long term collecting value. Ap has 3000 more rushing yards than Lynch in the same time of service. A real eye opener is that is AP rushes for his season average this year and next year, he will be 8th all time in rushing ahead of Jim Brown Marshall Faulk Thurman Thomas Marcus Allen etc...This year he should move right behing Thurman Thomas. In fours years he could pass Barry Sanders. In 6 he would be the all time rusher. In this day and age of so much passing, pretty easy to say AP is probably one the best RB of all time. Lynch is 2-3 years behind AP in stats with the same amount of service time. Lynch may break the top 25 all time backs when it is said and done, he just got off to a slow start.

I understand AP being worth more...I don't understand the RIDICULOUS gap...when over the last three seasons Marshawn has ran for just under 4000yds....

just saying