`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cool Story, Great Pickup

Cool Story, Great Pickup
Last week I received a very big piece to my NBA 50 auto collection. When I opened the packaged and carefully examined the card, I was extremely disappointed. The card contained two factory lines/indents on both surfaces. This was clearly caused by the company and not the seller as he received it from the company and did not open it before selling.

The seller took care of it and contacted the company. Within a day he told me they would take the card back and replace it with a new copy. I was a little hesitant with this but went along with it. The company received the card Monday and when I got back from vacation (today) it was on my doorstep.

I was very impressed with Leaf's customer service. Not only did they allow this (for me to send it back to them even though it was purchased through Ebay) and for it to be sent back so quickly I was shocked. Here is the beauty I picked up!

[Image: PatrickEwing_zps14c878be.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Cool Story, Great Pickup
That's a nice looking card. Simple design but nice eye appeal. Very nice to hear leaf has great customer service too. Sounds like panini needs some nba licensed competition.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Great pickup! Nice to see they actually care about their customers.
Bucket: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CJ81daman/library/?sort=3&page=0
Basketball: Austin Rivers, Dennis Rodman, Marcus Smart, Clint Capela, Washington Wizards
Soccer: Switzerland, Bayern Munich, Southampton, DC United

(06-20-2014, 09:13 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: That's a nice looking card. Simple design but nice eye appeal. Very nice to hear leaf has great customer service too. Sounds like panini needs some nba licensed competition.
Yes, I completely agree! I was just shocked that they allowed ME to send it in even though I bought it off eEbay. That was amazing to me because I wasnt even the person who originally redeemed it.
(06-20-2014, 09:14 PM)Megatron2181 Wrote: Great pickup! Nice to see they actually care about their customers.
I agree! I wish Leaf had more products as I would support them in buying from them after this incident.

(06-20-2014, 09:13 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: That's a nice looking card. Simple design but nice eye appeal. Very nice to hear leaf has great customer service too. Sounds like panini needs some nba licensed competition.
I completely agree. If their Inductions auto set was a licensed one I would be a fan for sure. I'm constantly debating with myself if I should get one of those cards as it is. They look so nice.

Dang that is definitely a sweet pickup and definitely a great backstory as well. It is a shame that nobody can genuinely compete with Panini so they can do as they please. I feel like Panini kind of ebbs and flows with their customer service. For awhile it seemed they had things under control, now they've gotten sloppy again. I submitted a 5-card request from my 12-13 Limited 3-box break. All 5 cards I know to be live, so they have them sitting around somewhere. Still been waiting almost 2 months. Unacceptable.

Glad yours worked out well!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Panini is horrible, I had 29 open redemptions that I demanded be replaced since most were from 2011 and early 2012. They replaced them all and sent me mostly damaged cards. I'm done with them...
I'm not going to waste another second of my time calling them because they simply do not care is they screw over the consumer.

Leaf is an awesome company and have an owner who actually cares that the consumer is happy. To bad no other company is licensed to make NBA cards because I miss opening licensed products.
Brian Gray, the owner of Leaf, was blackballed from the industry summit this year for voicing his opinion about how poor Panini and Upper Deck have treated the consumers last year at the summit. To bad Chris Olds won't write an article about that ball-less move.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

Congrats on the Ewing! Beautiful card! I am curious, why is it that Leaf will do game used patches, but Upper Deck won't/can't? I think Leaf has been doing a much better job at doing unlicensed vs. Upper Deck. I would love to see Panini get some competition, but from what I have seen over the last couple of years, I think I would be happier if it was Leaf giving them a run for their money.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(06-20-2014, 10:14 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Dang that is definitely a sweet pickup and definitely a great backstory as well. It is a shame that nobody can genuinely compete with Panini so they can do as they please. I feel like Panini kind of ebbs and flows with their customer service. For awhile it seemed they had things under control, now they've gotten sloppy again. I submitted a 5-card request from my 12-13 Limited 3-box break. All 5 cards I know to be live, so they have them sitting around somewhere. Still been waiting almost 2 months. Unacceptable.

Glad yours worked out well!
Yep, I feel the same way about Panini. They were good when the first took over, now it is unacceptable. I have had a couple redemptions in since September and since then, Klay has signed a ton of new cards. That is why I do not buy any packs/boxes anymore.
(06-21-2014, 05:52 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Congrats on the Ewing! Beautiful card! I am curious, why is it that Leaf will do game used patches, but Upper Deck won't/can't? I think Leaf has been doing a much better job at doing unlicensed vs. Upper Deck. I would love to see Panini get some competition, but from what I have seen over the last couple of years, I think I would be happier if it was Leaf giving them a run for their money.
Yeah, I dunno. I too would like to see more Leaf products. I have a lot of their autos and they can be had at cheaper prices. The only reason I get any Panini products is because of Klay. If I didnt collect Klay, I would never own Panini. I do not think they are very original. I guess having collecting in the 90's has ruined any newer cards for me.

(06-21-2014, 06:47 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yep, I feel the same way about Panini. They were good when the first took over, now it is unacceptable. I have had a couple redemptions in since September and since then, Klay has signed a ton of new cards. That is why I do not buy any packs/boxes anymore.

Yeah, I dunno. I too would like to see more Leaf products. I have a lot of their autos and they can be had at cheaper prices. The only reason I get any Panini products is because of Klay. If I didnt collect Klay, I would never own Panini. I do not think they are very original. I guess having collecting in the 90's has ruined any newer cards for me.
I really liked the leaf metal product, as well as the Leaf Ultimate. If they had a license though the autos would sell for more.

I agree about Panini in regards to their redemption program... it is worthless for the most part. A perfect example of inefficiency. But I would disagree about the originality and quality of the cards. I have enjoyed for the most part the products they release. Some products need to be shelved, but I say that just because there is TOO much stuff. If I busted wax more, I would probably have a lot more to complain about with panini but from a singles buyer standpoint I don't have many negative things to say about Panini that I couldn't say about any other company. I still like my 90's cards but I am a patch fanatic and there are not many to be had from the 90s.