`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Neck injury forces Packers’ Jonathan Franklin to retire after rookie season

RE: Neck injury forces Packers’ Jonathan Franklin to retire after rookie season
(06-19-2014, 07:45 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: so who do I have to track down now for ya ?

Haha, I'm greedy, I've got lots of cards I'm looking for...

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I've been concerned about Lacy's durability with his style of running, and how much they rode him last year it caused him to have asthma attacks and flare ups as well as what 2 concussions and I think played down ankle injury toward the end. Granted he didn't have Rodgers out there to take attention away from him and to keep D's honest but I'm still highly concerned he won't last long. Jah I'd Best anyone? Dude is still suffering from post concussion syndrome. Zac Stacy worries me as well, but same situation, didn't have bradford to keep them honest and the rams have quite the roster if they can bring it all together. Stacy had a concussion and ankle injury as well. I hope I'm wrong cause I love them both and thought Franklin would grow into a passing down back and change of pace. It's a shame.

I agree, Lacy scares me a bit with his durability, but he could surprise. And if they use Starks and Harris to spell him a bit, he could last awhile. I love the way he runs, a lot like Lynch, but I don't think he last as long. I hope I'm wrong!

His Asthma wasnt disclosed until like week 14 last year. Harris I hear is going to be special teams. Starks is a pretty good change of pace runner posted some decent games last year. Different teams, but I expect khiry robinson, andre Ellington I think are gonna be absolute monster s, especially Ellington, I've watched him for a few years and he can translate his college game to the nfl and has done so, posted some monster games that surprised many but not me. I really think cordarelle patterson is gonna be used alot in the run game in Minnesota

(06-19-2014, 09:19 PM)SkylerDean0526 Wrote: Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I've been concerned about Lacy's durability with his style of running, and how much they rode him last year it caused him to have asthma attacks and flare ups as well as what 2 concussions and I think played down ankle injury toward the end. Granted he didn't have Rodgers out there to take attention away from him and to keep D's honest but I'm still highly concerned he won't last long. Jah I'd Best anyone? Dude is still suffering from post concussion syndrome. Zac Stacy worries me as well, but same situation, didn't have bradford to keep them honest and the rams have quite the roster if they can bring it all together. Stacy had a concussion and ankle injury as well. I hope I'm wrong cause I love them both and thought Franklin would grow into a passing down back and change of pace. It's a shame.
A few things to remember about the situation last year for the Pack: Rodgers was out for a long time, Cobb was out a long time, Finley went down, Starks missed 3 games, Franklin went out all around the same time. Considering that the offense was missing 3 of their top offensive guys for an extended period of time, the fact that Lacy was able to keep playing at all is pretty impressive. With Rodgers and Cobb healthy, and Starks and Harris there to help carry the load, I think that Lacy is going to be in for 2/3 of the plays and not get injured as much. If I remember correctly, only the first concussion was a pretty bad one, he was out almost a month for the first one, and the second one was only like 2 weeks. Asthma isn't really that big of an issue when they know about it and can give him things that will combat it.

Just came across this on pft:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-franklin/
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE