`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf Trinity & 2014 Upper Deck w/big surprise

Leaf Trinity & 2014 Upper Deck w/big surprise
So after the release date got pushed back on the Panini Hot Rookies boxes I'd pre-ordered, I was getting the itch pretty bad to break something. I'm still pretty worn out on 2013s, so I went with a box of 2014 Leaf Trinity and a box of 2014 Upper Deck. Along with the free gifts from DACW, it turned out to be a pretty sweet break.

For starters, I pulled a $15 SP rookie out of one of the "free" packs of 2012 Absolute retail (Kirk Cousins, but hey--still an SP). After a bit of internal debate, I decided to open the Trinity next.

I've picked up a few singles for my PC, but this was my first experience with breaking Trinity and I have to say that I was impressed. A very solid box for starters (no Manziel, but some nice hits), and I like that they sleeve & topload all the cards at the factory. The raw (uncropped) pics:

DeAnthony Thomas PURE Autographs Charcoal (not numbered):
[Image: CAM01184.jpg]

Charles Sims Jumbo Patch Bronze (not numbered):
[Image: CAM01187.jpg]

Timmy Jernigan Jumbo Patch Silver 16/25 (not for trade):
[Image: CAM01186.jpg]

Jarvis Landry Inscriptions Silver 03/15:
[Image: CAM01185.jpg]

A.J. McCarron PURE Autograph...redemption:
[Image: CAM01188.jpg]

Like I said, pretty solid if unspectacular box, and the Ravens fan in me loved pulling the Jernigan patch/auto.

I then moved on to the Upper Deck. In keeping with Upper Deck's policy of properly packaging their cards, I pulled a complete set of the veteran base cards from the box (with several duplicates) along with an assortment of rookies. Minor hits:

College Football Heroes: Archie Griffin, John Elway
Authentics Rookies: Devin Street, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
'94 Tributes: Peyton Manning, John Elway, James Wilder Jr, Logan Thomas, Khalil Mack
SP Rookies: Bruce Ellington (#175) and Xavier Grimble (#222)

My first auto was in the first pack I opened, the top one on the bottom right as you look into the box: a Shaq Evans rookie lettermen auto (letter R if anyone cares). The second auto came exactly two layers down in the same spot: a Ryan Shazier short print. At this point it didn't take a trained cryptanalyst (which I was anyway) to figure out where the third auto would be: bottom right on the bottom row. When I got to the pack I toyed with the idea of saving it for last, then figured I'd go ahead and tear into it right then.

My thought process: "Base, base, base, decoy...ahh, there's the auto. Oh, sweet, it's a '94 Tribute, that oughta be worth something. Wait, who the hell is this...Notre Dame? [lengthy pause] Hole. Ey. [censored]."

Most assuredly not for trade:
[Image: CAM01174.jpg]

So, yeah...I'm pretty happy with this break. Big Grin

All the hits (plus some other singles which came in over the past week) can be seen here. Aside from the Jernigan & Montana, everything is available FT & listed as such in my org.

RE: Leaf Trinity & 2014 Upper Deck w/big surprise
Sweet joe montana
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Love ND Joe! One of these days I'll get my hands on one! Congrats!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Nice hits man!

(06-12-2014, 07:27 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Sweet joe montana
Thanks!

(06-12-2014, 09:48 PM)demondukk Wrote: Love ND Joe! One of these days I'll get my hands on one! Congrats!
Not from me! lol

(06-12-2014, 10:32 PM)savagenate Wrote: Nice hits man!
I'm still a little giddy. Big Grin

Sweet Montana!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

That is a GREAT Montana auto!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)