`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: In response to recent posts, do you plan to stick around?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
As soon as I can find a good way to organize / list my cards for myself or other traders I’m not paying for Beckett services anymore.
30.21%
29 30.21%
I enjoy Beckett Organize / OPG and plan to remain a member. (If not enjoy, at least tolerate)
46.88%
45 46.88%
I’m an older collector who stopped paying a while ago but still enjoy trolling the Beckett forums. ( or plan to join these ranks)
22.92%
22 22.92%
Total 96 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLL: SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO NOW

RE: POLL: SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO NOW
(06-12-2014, 01:21 PM)once78 Wrote: Okay I have 100ad and read and read about whatever it is that is going on...but still haven't got a clue? Can someone tell me what is going on in English and not Greek. Am I being forced to pay for something if I stay out side of my yearly cost of 100+ org.? And if I am what is and why are they doing this...do they not want people to use the service.
With all the poop that is going on I am thinking about not collecting anymore and selling everything off. I like the site, it got me back into collecting, now the people that make their living from cards wants us to stop trading...isn't that the point of trading cards. I am paying them for the services now why do I need to pay for anything else.

Confused and need help? HELP!

I will vote on your poll, if I figure everything out. Thanks and good luck
I think the bottom line is that if you pay for an OPG of either a single sport or Total Access, you have unlimited ORG and full use of trade function. You can also pay a fee for just the ORG on a monthly or yearly basis which I believe will also get you the trade function. You can use ORG for free with under 500 cards but no access to trade.

If you are not a paying customer you have no access to trade or ORG (if over 500 cards).

Problem is with people whose subscription has expired and have been locked out of ORG and Trade function and ultimately will have their ORG deleted.

I'm staying for now and will decide what to do in the future once I see how many folks are left. I've checked out the other sites and they're just not for me. In my opinion the trade and org are relatively easy to use. I'll pay the monthly 1 sport fee and hope more folks stick around than not.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

I renewed for another year back in March, so I'm staying. I trade some on another site, but whenever I do I have a tab open with Beckett up so I can have my org to see if I have any of the cards someone is looking for. You need to know what cards you have available to trade. People use different forms of spreadsheets, I use the Beckett org. While I disagree with their tactics and their apparent lack of customer service, in my opinion Beckett offers the best org tool and trade feature available in our hobby
[Image: Boston.jpg]

just stay on forums and stuff, theres plenty of friendly and smart people on here Big Grin

(06-12-2014, 04:11 PM)mmahoney Wrote: I think the bottom line is that if you pay for an OPG of either a single sport or Total Access, you have unlimited ORG and full use of trade function. You can also pay a fee for just the ORG on a monthly or yearly basis which I believe will also get you the trade function. You can use ORG for free with under 500 cards but no access to trade.

If you are not a paying customer you have no access to trade or ORG (if over 500 cards).

Problem is with people whose subscription has expired and have been locked out of ORG and Trade function and ultimately will have their ORG deleted.
BUT the price of an org-only subscription (which I currently have) is going to double, correct?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(06-13-2014, 03:46 PM)iconms Wrote: BUT the price of an org-only subscription (which I currently have) is going to double, correct?
Yes. It isn't going to double, it already has doubled. So when you renew its going to cost you twice what it did before.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(06-11-2014, 10:02 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: If I go there will be trouble, If I stay it will be double.
(06-12-2014, 07:15 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: But you got to let me know.......
This indecision’s bugging me

I'm staying. I pay my $9.00 each month for my baseball opg and my org is free, so I see no reason to go anywhere. I do have a question. If someone pays for the organize but not an opg, do they see any prices? If not then what good is it unless you you intend to make zero trades? It just seems to me they go together.
(06-12-2014, 02:44 PM)Midwestconnection Wrote: not a fan of the OPG. I would rather have physical paper I can flip through and see prices.
There are so many prices not listed in the physical magazine because of space limitations.

I personally like the org, and the opg. I don't buy it every month, but it's nice to get values on cards ur not sure about. If they raise it pass 9 dollars I doubt I will get it. When I want to trade tho, I just buy a opg, since the org is free with it. I don't see how they upgraded the org, seems the same to me.
[Image: RrDSQvU.png]

72 votes thus far. I know we have a lot more opinions than this on these boards.
Thank you for taking the time to vote.