`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit where credit is due! Topps, you might make me change my sig :)

RE: Credit where credit is due! Topps, you might make me change my sig :)
If I were to combine redemptions (this is hypothetical since I don't have any right now) I'd probably get a Dillon Maples or Derrek Norris ... saw lots of those guys in Platinum a couple years ago.
Kepler

Nice job on that gamble!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If take that over Cano anyday, congrats man!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(06-10-2014, 03:18 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Jealous. Love Donnie Baseball.
Sweet card!
Thanks, but don't be jealous .... There are 24 other cards that are nearly identical to mine. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-10-2014, 05:20 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks, but don't be jealous .... There are 24 other cards that are nearly identical to mine. Smile
Including several Ebay 1/1s.
Kepler

(06-10-2014, 03:59 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: nice freaking card man!! they combined some of my redemps as well. hoping it will be a good one!!
Thanks Joe,
Hopefully you'll do even better ... Your redemptions were probably higher value than mine, so who knows? The only thing I asked of the Topps rep .... I asked for an on-card auto. Maybe that helped?
(06-10-2014, 03:56 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Very nice and o
n card auto too!! Congrats wish they would send me my griffey jr. Sad
Thanks! Hopefully they can catch up with Junior and put him to work. Lucky for me, this was a 2 year old card that was either never redeemed or never packaged.
(06-10-2014, 04:14 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: If I were to combine redemptions (this is hypothetical since I don't have any right now) I'd probably get a Dillon Maples or Derrek Norris ... saw lots of those guys in Platinum a couple years ago.
LOL
... And you'd be lucky to get Norris, now that Machado made him a household name. Smile
(06-10-2014, 04:34 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: If take that over Cano anyday, congrats man!
Thanks, my friend! I agree ... but I'm just happy I didn't get a Dillon Maples instead. Smile that gamble would have taken a really bad wrong turn!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Very nice upgrade. I wouldn't mind a Mattingly as he was one of the few Yankees I liked growing up - I was more of a Mets fan.

Not to hijack the thread as it's still Topps redemption related, I just noticed they sent out another one of mine (I had 4 remaining after my 2013 Gypsy Queen Pujols/Weaver/Wilson I posted I received the other night). I think they got their summer intern and he's doing a good job so far! Smile

However I also noticed an odd thing. My one redemption I got last week was 0.3 lbs, well packaged in a toploader and padded envelope, estimated at 6 days and was actually here in 5 days, and required a signature. This coming package is described as a 6"x6"x6" box weighing 1lb and estimated at 10 days delivery and does not require a signature. Kind of sounds like they may have combined all of my remaining redemptions into one shipment? They are all lower value so no sig required seems fine but why ship it FedEx then? I've had other lower value Topps redemptions sent USPS. Odd they didn't mark them all shipped though. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'm getting lol

Um, wow! That's a beauty!

"Congrats and thanks for sharing"....Donnie was a good ballplayer and that is a nice looking card.
Haha....AWESOME, good call DrM! That is a great looking card and I know it def. takes the place of the ones you gave up.

Maybe Topps is getting thier act together finally after pulling everything back in-house. Since we are on the topic of redemptions, did you see the Panini Football Redemption point program. Basically, you pull redemption cards that have point values. You can then trade your points in for cards they have listed in the program (think it's 1,250+ from various sports). Doing away with "redemption cards" of cards. Check it out.....maybe topps will start a similar program. I assume all the cards are ready.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-10-2014, 07:07 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: "Congrats and thanks for sharing"....Donnie was a good ballplayer and that is a nice looking card.
Haha....AWESOME, good call DrM! That is a great looking card and I know it def. takes the place of the ones you gave up.

Maybe Topps is getting thier act together finally after pulling everything back in-house. Since we are on the topic of redemptions, did you see the Panini Football Redemption point program. Basically, you pull redemption cards that have point values. You can then trade your points in for cards they have listed in the program (think it's 1,250+ from various sports). Doing away with "redemption cards" of cards. Check it out.....maybe topps will start a similar program. I assume all the cards are ready.
I don't think I like that new Panini system. First come first serve is not gonna work in favor of the average collector "little guys", it will cater to deep pockets who buy multiple cases upon release and then go turn in all the redemption points and take all the currently hot prospects on the redemption list to sell off.

Granted I've been pretty lucky with my redemptions and got most of them very fast and of the player(s) they were supposed to be of. So while I dislike redemptions at least I've always gotten the card I was supposed to get. I know others have waited for ever and then ended up with replacements anyways.