`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying from eBay PSA Graded Cards

Buying from eBay PSA Graded Cards
I know most people buy from eBay PSA/Beckett graded cards and etc but I was wondering how can you stay safe and not end up buying some fake card with fake labels and stuff?

I just read a topic on a different forum how someone bought some fake cards off someone off craiglist and sold em on eBay and some ppl returned it etc and turned into a bad situation and stuff does anyone have any tips? or any reputable sellers that they could show me?

RE: Buying from eBay PSA Graded Cards
Anything you buy off Ebay is risky IMO, at least if you get a fake you can report it to Ebay and get your money back from what I have heard. I saw a 65 Koufax on there the other day but I question it because it was in MINt condition from the scan but had the starting auction price of most cards on there.

(06-06-2014, 09:47 AM)Gh0sty Wrote: I know most people buy from eBay PSA/Beckett graded cards and etc but I was wondering how can you stay safe and not end up buying some fake card with fake labels and stuff?

I just read a topic on a different forum how someone bought some fake cards off someone off craiglist and sold em on eBay and some ppl returned it etc and turned into a bad situation and stuff does anyone have any tips? or any reputable sellers that they could show me?
Just stick to buying BGS/BVG, PSA & SGC to be on the safe side.

However, to be extra safe, stick to buying BGS/BVG Graded cards. It hasn't happened to me yet (although it might have. I bought some PSA 10's to cross over to BGS and they came back as questionable authenticity edges. 2 of them were 1992 Score #2's.), I've heard the PSA slabs are a lot easier to crack open and slip in another card.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-06-2014, 10:35 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Just stick to buying BGS/BVG, PSA & SGC to be on the safe side.

However, to be extra safe, stick to buying BGS/BVG Graded cards. It hasn't happened to me yet (although it might have. I bought some PSA 10's to cross over to BGS and they came back as questionable authenticity edges. 2 of them were 1992 Score #2's.), I've heard the PSA slabs are a lot easier to crack open and slip in another card.
wow at that last part.......I would be so pissed if that happened...

LMAO... Who would take the time to doctor ANY 1992 Score card and submit it for grading?
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(06-06-2014, 03:59 PM)petillo64 Wrote: LMAO... Who would take the time to doctor ANY 1992 Score card and submit it for grading?
Nobody with any common sense.

(06-06-2014, 09:47 AM)Gh0sty Wrote: I know most people buy from eBay PSA/Beckett graded cards and etc but I was wondering how can you stay safe and not end up buying some fake card with fake labels and stuff?

Do your research on who the seller is. I stick to someone who has a lot of feedback and a great rating. I figure if they were trying to pull a fast one someone should have caught them by now. If you need any suggestions on who I use send me a PM. Not sure if I can post names here. Good luck!

Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards