`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1986 Fleer and 1985 Donruss

1986 Fleer and 1985 Donruss
got both binder sets in rookie cards dont look like theyd be gem if i submitted them for gradie but I was flipping in the donruss binder and bam saw nolan ryan sticking out and I gotta say, i looked it over pretty darn good and it looks gem material to me Smile Going to be looking into submitting it for grading in a month or something after I get some other cards in and etc.

I think 1 or 2 of them might end up being graded MINT GEM I'm not 100% sure but itll be nice since itll be my first time sending them in to get graded, I heard that PSA is better for older cards and beckett is better for newer?

RE: 1986 Fleer and 1985 Donruss
I would pass on grading these cards. To be honest Gem 10's are more about luck than anything. You could send in 100 cards you think are 10's and be lucky to get a couple back as 10's. It would just be cheaper to go buy 10's of these cards.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(06-05-2014, 05:37 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I would pass on grading these cards. To be honest Gem 10's are more about luck than anything. You could send in 100 cards you think are 10's and be lucky to get a couple back as 10's. It would just be cheaper to go buy 10's of these cards.
Meh none the less the chance is there Big Grin I'm going to review them again and see which ones I think would have the highest chance of getting a grade 10, the clemens rookie and kirby pucket are pretty darn good if they get graded as a Mint 9 so I'm not too bothered about it. Smile

I guess what Im trying to get at is..... by the time you pay shipping and grading fee's. You could just go buy the card you wanted already graded and "know" what grade your paying for. If your card came back as a 10, could you even sell it for the grading fee?
My Bucket

(06-05-2014, 05:56 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I guess what Im trying to get at is..... by the time you pay shipping and grading fee's. You could just go buy the card you wanted already graded and "know" what grade your paying for. If your card came back as a 10, could you even sell it for the grading fee?
yeah your right, only like 1 or 2 are worth it cuz even at mint 9 grade they're worth a little more than the grading fee ? Or I'd end up breaking even lol, but the chance that one of them would end up being graded as a 10 gem mint is there and stuff

I wont be sending all in just 2 of them probably :/

Take a look in my bucket. I have a bunch of Mint 9's of 80's star cards, Ryan, Rose, Brett ect... I didn't pay more than $5 for any of them. You might get lucky and break even on a 10. Anything else you lose money. And the odds of getting a 10 are slim.
My Bucket

(06-05-2014, 07:19 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Take a look in my bucket. I have a bunch of Mint 9's of 80's star cards, Ryan, Rose, Brett ect... I didn't pay more than $5 for any of them. You might get lucky and break even on a 10. Anything else you lose money. And the odds of getting a 10 are slim.
+1
Kepler