`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1970 Milton Bradley Cards

1970 Milton Bradley Cards
Liked the way the old fashioned black and white looked and purchased a few cards from this set, i'll be posting some pictures when they come in Smile

The three that I bought are Mel Stottlemyre, Tommy Davis, and Don Mincher, anyone know much about them at all?

RE: 1970 Milton Bradley Cards
Nice little pick-ups....hope you didn't pay too much for them! Think it's a pretty limited market for these cards, not a holy grail by any means, but something nice and odd in a player or team collection. Black and white (though I like them sprinkled in my collection) 1970 cards with typewriter looking font's.....just not many folks after them.

Hey, but if your happy....I'm happy for ya. That's what this is all about.....collecting what you like. Please share pic's when they come in.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-04-2014, 10:26 PM)Gh0sty Wrote: Liked the way the old fashioned black and white looked and purchased a few cards from this set, i'll be posting some pictures when they come in Smile

The three that I bought are Mel Stottlemyre, Tommy Davis, and Don Mincher, anyone know much about them at all?
Are you asking if we know about the MB cards, or the 3 players you mentioned?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-04-2014, 10:51 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Are you asking if we know about the MB cards, or the 3 players you mentioned?

Both!
(06-04-2014, 10:42 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nice little pick-ups....hope you didn't pay too much for them! Think it's a pretty limited market for these cards, not a holy grail by any means, but something nice and odd in a player or team collection. Black and white (though I like them sprinkled in my collection) 1970 cards with typewriter looking font's.....just not many folks after them.

Hey, but if your happy....I'm happy for ya. That's what this is all about.....collecting what you like. Please share pic's when they come in.
Yeah I'm just starting out so I'll probably get into more serious cards soon Smile I'm talking with one of my old friends who knows tons about baseball, his father and grandfather used to collect em and etc so hopefully he can teach me a thing or two.

Didn't really pay a lot for them so it was not too bad, I'll post prices beside the picture when i upload them and etc for people to see, all 3 cards are PSA 10 gem mints though Smile

(06-04-2014, 10:57 PM)Gh0sty Wrote: Both!

Yeah I'm just starting out so I'll probably get into more serious cards soon Smile I'm talking with one of my old friends who knows tons about baseball, his father and grandfather used to collect em and etc so hopefully he can teach me a thing or two.

Didn't really pay a lot for them so it was not too bad, I'll post prices beside the picture when i upload them and etc for people to see, all 3 cards are PSA 10 gem mints though Smile
Nice on the grading...that's what I was hoping you got. Be careful with posting what you paid for individual cards here....not sure if TOS allows that.

as for the players.....Mel was a longtime Yankee player and coach. Decent pitcher...I'd say a realistic 3-4 starter in the rotation (remember that for most of his career the Yanks stunk). Tommy Davis & Mincher....both had fairly long utility careers, playing for alot of teams. If mem. serves me right, the 1970 card you have has him (Mincher) playing for the Pilots, so it's a rare card in that they were in existance for only 1 year before moving and becoming the Brewers.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-04-2014, 11:15 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nice on the grading...that's what I was hoping you got. Be careful with posting what you paid for individual cards here....not sure if TOS allows that.

as for the players.....Mel was a longtime Yankee player and coach. Decent pitcher...I'd say a realistic 3-4 starter in the rotation (remember that for most of his career the Yanks stunk). Tommy Davis & Mincher....both had fairly long utility careers, playing for alot of teams. If mem. serves me right, the 1970 card you have has him (Mincher) playing for the Pilots, so it's a rare card in that they were in existance for only 1 year before moving and becoming the Brewers.
Hmm can you link me the TOS? and am i allowed to post pictures of PSA cards on beckett forums?

(06-04-2014, 11:21 PM)Gh0sty Wrote: Hmm can you link me the TOS? and am i allowed to post pictures of PSA cards on beckett forums?
You're allowed to post pics of anything. The only things you're NOT. Allowed to do, as far as I've seen here ... Never post Beckett Price guide prices. I believe you can say, "hey, got these yesterday for $5" but you can't say "hey, got these yesterday for $5, but they book in the OPG for $20"
You can't advertise or promote or Spam for you,or anyone else.
You can't use profanity, nor can you threaten fellow forum users.
I think that's about it in a nutshell

I'm sure a Moderator can confirm and /or add to the list
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.