`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trade Tool Disabled?!?!?
06-04-2014, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 04:23 AM by slufan83.)
Trade Tool Disabled?!?!?
So I just clicked the C2C Xchange tab and it brought up a page saying the trade tool is now unavailable to unsubscribers. I just agreed on a trade with another member just the other day and as of yesterday my end was not marked as sent. How will the other person now even be able to get my address if they are an unsubscriber and can't view the trade tool???? I already mailed my end of the trade out and I don't remember what the other member's username is. What the heck Beckett???? Is this stupid change going to cause me to lose my cards that I mailed????

[Image: stlbanner_zpsa32abf00.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 05:37 AM
RE: Trade Tool Disabled?!?!?
I sent a message to Beckett HQ to ask if there's a process in place. Will let you know if I hear anything.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
06-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Any updates about this??

06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Nope

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
06-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Figured just as much. Beckett extorted us into either subscribing or losing all our work with the organize, and now they apparently don't give a sh*t if we lose our property due to recently accepted trading when the change went into effect. Really an awesome combination considering I was never even emailed about the trade tools up and getting shut down to non subscribers. Guess I'll just call in to customer support and ask for monetary compensation for my lost cards due to extortion. If there are too many more people in this same situation, I could see a class action coming on.

06-06-2014, 03:12 AM
(06-05-2014 09:35 PM)slufan83 Wrote:  Figured just as much. Beckett extorted us into either subscribing or losing all our work with the organize, and now they apparently don't give a sh*t if we lose our property due to recently accepted trading when the change went into effect. Really an awesome combination considering I was never even emailed about the trade tools up and getting shut down to non subscribers. Guess I'll just call in to customer support and ask for monetary compensation for my lost cards due to extortion. If there are too many more people in this same situation, I could see a class action coming on.

Why would you not think that Org and Trade feature would be tied together in a "pay only" feature. You have to have cards in your org to use the trade feature. So if the Org feature is now a paid service, wouldn't that mean trade would be as well? The legitimate complaint for you would be not knowing the person you were trading with was not a paying customer, which Beckett could pawn off on that memeber for not disclosing that during your trade.

Looking for Jose Abreu, Mark Appel, Xander Bogaerts, Byron Buxton, Nick Castellanos, Carlos Correa, Chris Owings, Josmil Pinto, George Springer, and Masahiro Tanaka.
06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I was never notified by Beckett that they would be turning off my organize and trading features. I have a trade that was accepted prior to any cut-off date. How is that my fault? I've been here well before any of this BS and I've paid my dues over the years with OPG subscriptions...even when the site was functioning poorly and only worked half the time. I never agreed to any new TOS saying that I'm responsible for any new site changes that could cause me to lose property on any current or active trades once the new pay only feature went into place. This is on Beckett, not me.

06-06-2014, 09:27 AM
You got the same notification everyone else did. As to agreeing with a terms of service, you never agreed to one before that stated you could use the organize and trade feature for free indefinately either. the fact that some of you think it is owed to you is alarming to me. As a paying customer, my expectations are high, but my monetary commitment gives me that right.

Looking for Jose Abreu, Mark Appel, Xander Bogaerts, Byron Buxton, Nick Castellanos, Carlos Correa, Chris Owings, Josmil Pinto, George Springer, and Masahiro Tanaka.
06-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Oh so just because you are paying now makes you think that you are that much more of a customer than me?? You may have a 1999 tag, but who are you even? Even when things were free I paid my money for price guides. Half the time the site worked and half the time it didn't. The community was good and that's what kept me around. But when prices go up and services don't get any better it wears on you over time. Now prices are even higher and there is absolutely nothing better about the organize other than the fact that you have lost 2/3 of your potential trading community. Go ahead and think what you want though man because you obviously have it all figured out.

06-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Beckett is a for profit company, just like most others. Giving away stuff for free all the time is not a good business model. Period.