`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of Archives jumbo packs

A couple of Archives jumbo packs
Went to Target to pick up some shipping supplies last night and was also hoping to pick up some Archives. No single packs or blasters yet, but they did have a handful of the jumbo hanger packs.

While the thought of paying $6 for an 18-card pack that never seems to get me anything was tough, I'm glad I got the ones I did.

The results: 34 base cards (Ken Griffey Jr. and Ty Cobb were the highlights, no for real, they were), a Howard Johnson All-Star insert card and this (not this exact one - I forgot to take a picture, so I borrowed this one from the interwebs):

[Image: abreu_zps1fb8aeeb.jpg]
Kepler

RE: A couple of Archives jumbo packs
thats nice! i wish they would just do the full set in the 86 or 87 design

(05-30-2014, 09:28 AM)rentzington Wrote: thats nice! i wish they would just do the full set in the 86 or 87 design
I've had some pretty good Abreu retail luck so far this year. Only own 4 cards - base Chrome Prospect, GQ red mini /50, this one and paper Green Prospect /199 (I think). Nothing too huge, but a couple of these have sold for pretty decent numbers so far.

Personally, I love the look of the '86 set and am right there with you, but I don't think there's many others that do ... even from a nostalgic perspective.
Kepler

Not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Nice Abreu. Love the 87 design, but they could have used a different photo. Isn't that the same one from bowman? I hate when they do that!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-30-2014, 05:14 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nice Abreu. Love the 87 design, but they could have used a different photo. Isn't that the same one from bowman? I hate when they do that!
if they used different pictures they would have to pay more royalties and the prices would go up even more.

So by recycling the same picture over and over topps is saving you money, you should be thankful.

I wish they'd just hire photographers instead of contractors. Be cheaper in the long run and also vary the pics a bit.
Kepler

(05-30-2014, 05:44 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I wish they'd just hire photographers instead of contractors. Be cheaper in the long run and also vary the pics a bit.
Yeah, and while their photographers are clicking away, they might serve a dual purpose and get some signatures from some of these 'deadbeat autograph avoiders'. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.