`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffey jr Upper Deck Rookie

Griffey jr Upper Deck Rookie
This is a good card. He will go in Hall of Fame next year. Don't you think this card should be more than MOD EDIT: Please do not post BVs on the board

RE: Griffey jr Upper Deck Rookie
Its a nice card. Important to the hobby for many reasons. Its just too bad there are a crap ton of them. Supply far out numbers demand.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Like the good Capt. said, "crap ton" is probably a good reason. So many produced! Griffey had a 'buzz' prior to hitting the bigs, so lots of people loaded up early on. It was 'THE CARD' to get in the late 90s. It was in every factory set, too. Overproduction is an understatement. I'm actually surprised that it even sells .... Figured every person in America already owns at least one Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Most all the base and rookies from the 80's and 90's are common thus low priced. This is excellent for collectors but not so great for investors lol. I am a collector so it's great for adding childhood gems. Collecting is a great way to reconnect with your youth and to now share similar memories with my son. The Griffey jr UD card was expensive but there are piles available and with the internet now making it even easier they are priced perfect for collectors.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

If you really want a Griffey rc that will climb in value? I would go with his 89 tiffany bowman or topps or glossy rc, limited print amount for both of them
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

When UD was introduced, their plan was to print a million of every card.

(05-26-2014, 09:10 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Like the good Capt. said, "crap ton" is probably a good reason. So many produced! Griffey had a 'buzz' prior to hitting the bigs, so lots of people loaded up early on. It was 'THE CARD' to get in the late 90s. It was in every factory set, too. Overproduction is an understatement. I'm actually surprised that it even sells .... Figured every person in America already owns at least one Smile
I bought my first one a few weeks or so ago.... I never was able to pull one from a pack
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-26-2014, 07:52 PM)bbcgalaxee Wrote: When UD was introduced, their plan was to print a million of every card.
Not only that but early on they allowed dealers to purchase individual cards directly from them. The Griffey was printed more than any other card in the Upper Deck set.

I've discovered that despite how readily available it is, it doesn't lower people's wants when it comes to trading for one. At this point I think I'm better off just buying one below BV, rather than trading for one above BV.
Kepler

still my favorite baseball card of all time.