`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
69 Topps Mickey Mantle
05-24-2014, 04:37 AM
69 Topps Mickey Mantle
Hey there guys, can anyone tell me how you distinguish between the Mickey Mantle card from 1969 Topps of card #500? There are 2 versions and in the Beckett they list them as A and B. Thanks.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 04:56 AM by DrMitchJ.)
RE: 69 Topps Mickey Mantle
If I remember correctly, one has either his name or the team name in yellow letters or white letters. I don't remember which is designated as A or B.
Okay, just looked it up .... 500b has Mantle's name in White Letters and is rarer than 500a with Mantle's name in Yellow.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
Avatar and Banner courtesy of jbel4331. THANKS!
Topps should send me Flowers and Candy this Valentine's Day, because they've been screwing me pretty regularly throughout the year. Smile
05-24-2014, 06:24 PM
I beleive the variation is name in white letters instead of yellow and is much harder to find so I would assume A would be yellow letters and B would be the much harder white letter variation
05-24-2014, 06:26 PM
(05-24-2014 06:24 PM)hi desert paul Wrote:  I beleive the variation is name in white letters instead of yellow and is much harder to find so I would assume A would be yellow letters and B would be the much harder white letter variation

Isn't that what I said? Smile

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
Avatar and Banner courtesy of jbel4331. THANKS!
Topps should send me Flowers and Candy this Valentine's Day, because they've been screwing me pretty regularly throughout the year. Smile
05-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Yeah both names in white is the rare version.

[Image: MapleLeafs.jpg]

NHL hockey is back!!!!
05-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes you did Drmitchj I just went into a little more detail to help him out as much as possible