`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
69 Topps Mickey Mantle

69 Topps Mickey Mantle
Hey there guys, can anyone tell me how you distinguish between the Mickey Mantle card from 1969 Topps of card #500? There are 2 versions and in the Beckett they list them as A and B. Thanks.....

RE: 69 Topps Mickey Mantle
If I remember correctly, one has either his name or the team name in yellow letters or white letters. I don't remember which is designated as A or B.
Okay, just looked it up .... 500b has Mantle's name in White Letters and is rarer than 500a with Mantle's name in Yellow.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I beleive the variation is name in white letters instead of yellow and is much harder to find so I would assume A would be yellow letters and B would be the much harder white letter variation

(05-24-2014, 07:24 PM)hi desert paul Wrote: I beleive the variation is name in white letters instead of yellow and is much harder to find so I would assume A would be yellow letters and B would be the much harder white letter variation
Isn't that what I said? Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yeah both names in white is the rare version.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Yes you did Drmitchj I just went into a little more detail to help him out as much as possible