`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
If they deleted my Org again I would rest easy knowing that it is now finally correct with no missing or weird data. Seriously a bad move PR wise because even though I just paid the $20 to continue to use the Org, this just makes me want to leave this joke of a site all the more. I've already built my own spreadsheets so this place was just a way to work trades which I can obviously do elsewhere at no cost and without constant site issues.
I would also like to echo jacoby's sentiments: BLEEP YOU BECKETT!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(05-21-2014, 01:00 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i would say that a vast majoity of people who use the org dont use the forums. might be as much as a 7-1 ratio. i didnt use the forums for the first 6 years i was on beckett
I was on for lots of years working on my org and had like 2 posts before I started being more active on here.

Right now i dotn have my org subscription and have over 3000 cards that took me lots of time to put in..........
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The most annoying part is that I have been on and off since almost day one. I had thousands of cards loaded in the Buy/Sell/Trade section when that was active, and I still remember when it was taken down and how pissed I was about it (as I spent a long, long time adding each card). Once that happened I stayed away for a while and only around a few years ago did I start using ORG regularly. I have paid for 2 years worth of ORG subscriptions and a year of TOTAL ACCESS. So it isn't like I haven't paid much into a service. I was actually planning on renewing my TOTAL ACCESS once I got situated in my new home, as I felt that paying for the few months that I won't be accessing the database or able to trade much seemed like a waste of money. Now this email I got today is making me consider dropping off the site again for a while.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Well I guess this would be my final goodbye to Beckett. Great move guys.... my 150,000+ cards will clear up a lot of space for you lol.....
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

It's too bad there's not a better way to do this. Like, delete non-payers that haven't logged in for a certain amount of time. Say 6 months or a year? I think that would be a fair amount of time - especially if they've got a large collection taking up storage space.
Kepler

I have received the same email, and if I did not see this thread I probably would not have seen it. As I check my email even less then I check these forums. I have been on a little break myself, because I have been busy with work. I will not be bullied into renewing any subscription and as for their revised pricing, they can bleep it.
They raised the price last time they revamped the system and it has been hit or miss since then. I wonder how they have the know-how to make the system "better" since they never really worked out all the bugs from the last system upgrade.

So whats the answer then, i use ORG and have my own spreadsheets, i have become very frustrated over the last year and haven't made many trades. i do use the organizer every day and i have let my subscription lapse since the first of the month hoping for a big change but i know if my org gets deleted i will not be back as i am not putting 5000+ cards back in. it has taken me 4 1/2 years to get it where i like it and wont be doing it again. So where do we go from here, who do we talk to what steps can we take? I really enjoy beckett but i wont continue to stand for overblown prices with an ok product and no help or improvements in the org. to me it seems they are expanding their brand and leaving the org users behind. im just looking for help on what we can do next.
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

(05-21-2014, 04:04 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: It's not like Beckett is the only one who can compile a checklist, others may even be able to keep them in numerical order (gasp! what a concept!)
Pompous arrogant bistirds, build a site that works before pulling this doosh move
Use Zistle

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I just got off the phone with Beckett and all they did was try to sell me TOTAL ACCESS. They kept offering more and more "free months" of TOTAL ACCESS. They even told me that there will be price increases on EVERYTHING soon, so that if I were to wait and just buy the ORG subscription now that TOTAL ACCESS would cost even more later. I can't imagine paying more than it is now. All I can think is that they are having to increase the cost because less people are using the pay services and they aren't making enough to keep things running, so maybe they figure that by threatening to remove your info if you don't pay that more people will pay now and in a little while they will announce price increases so that everyone who paid now will be glad that they got a better deal.
This is definitely not a business model that I want any part of, and I really hope it isn't the case. It is definitely looking like this will be the end for me on here for a while.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-21-2014, 04:05 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Use Zistle
I have used Zistle in the past and will again in the future, the very near future
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]