`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
I just got an email letting me know that all items in my ORG were going to be deleted as part of a change to "enhance" the ORG system. The email also stated that ORG would be charging more in the future (most likely a monthly fee is my guess). The annoying part is that my TOTAL ACCESS recently expired, and I didn't mind as I am in the process of moving and I wasn't planning on renewing until after I settle into my new place and am ready to start trading again (most likely around the end of the summer). Now I am being forced to pay for something or lose everything that I spent lots of time adding to my ORG. I am a little aggravated by this, and I doubt that I am the only one (especially since Beckett not too long ago increased the amount of items you could have in your ORG to 2,000 without having to pay). This definitely feels like a bait and switch (in the sense that they were able to get people to add a lot for free, and then a few months later tell them that if they don't pay they will lose all the time they spent adding cards and folders to their ORG). Best of all they are giving just a few days notice, so I am sure some people will not even realize this is happening before it's too late and they lose their ORG. Below is the exact email I received.

This is to notify you that Beckett is currently restructuring the Organize/Trade software system to better serve all of our users. With our growing traffic and user base, to prevent overloading of the server, we will be deleting Organize inventory of all unpaid users and creating a new subscription model for Organize/Trade. In the near future the new Organize subscription rate will be revised, but you have the opportunity right now to continue using Organize at the current lower price level.

To safeguard your existing Organize data and continue using the trade tool, you may either subscribe to the Online Price Guide or the Organize software tool on or before May 26, 2014.

As always, let us continue to organize your collection and make available the best card trading tool in the industry!

Sincerely Yours,
Team Beckett

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
I have not been on the site for a while. I had been a subscriber to the Org tool, as well as the OPG over the past few years. I grew tired of the constant issues with this site and did not renew when my last subscription ended. While I think the tool is great when working for keeping track of my 15,000 plus Red Sox cards, I did not want to pay for it anymore until they fixed things.

Fast forward to today's email. I was shocked to hear that in 5 days they are deleting something that it took me years to input as my collection grew. We always were told that they would keep your org archived for when you come back. I was hoping to come back when things were working.

As the original poster states, they are forcing me to pay to keep my Org. Well, I got used to just relying on my Excel Spreadsheet and found that I don't really miss it. I am not going to be forced to pay for something that doesn't work. You would think a reasonable business would fix the problem, give us a test drive to show us how great the new system works, then suggest if we don't sign on for the new system, our old data will be deleted.

Good bye Beckett.
[Image: TC_RedSox.jpg]

I hope they don't do that. That would be a huge mistake. A lot of people take time off and come back. Sometimes months later. Sometimes years. This isn't a commodity.

(05-21-2014, 10:25 AM)ct sox fan Wrote: I have not been on the site for a while. I had been a subscriber to the Org tool, as well as the OPG over the past few years. I grew tired of the constant issues with this site and did not renew when my last subscription ended. While I think the tool is great when working for keeping track of my 15,000 plus Red Sox cards, I did not want to pay for it anymore until they fixed things.

Fast forward to today's email. I was shocked to hear that in 5 days they are deleting something that it took me years to input as my collection grew. We always were told that they would keep your org archived for when you come back. I was hoping to come back when things were working.

As the original poster states, they are forcing me to pay to keep my Org. Well, I got used to just relying on my Excel Spreadsheet and found that I don't really miss it. I am not going to be forced to pay for something that doesn't work. You would think a reasonable business would fix the problem, give us a test drive to show us how great the new system works, then suggest if we don't sign on for the new system, our old data will be deleted.

Good bye Beckett.

i havent received this emailas of yet, and will reserve judgement until i do

BECKETT OWNERSHIP SCREWED THIS UP, NOT US. THEY SHOULD PAY TO FIX UP THEIR CONTINUAL BLEEPUPS OVER THE PAST 4 YEARS AND NOT LAY THE DAMN BURDEN ON US

(05-21-2014, 10:41 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i havent received this emailas of yet, and will reserve judgement until i do

however, if this is true

beckett can go bleep itself
and i say that as a paid subscriber.

BECKETT OWNERSHIP SCREWED THIS UP, NOT US. THEY SHOULD PAY TO FIX UP THEIR CONTINUAL BLEEPUPS OVER THE PAST 4 YEARS AND NOT LAY THE DAMN BURDEN ON US

BLEEP YOU BECKETT...BLEEP YOU
I think they only sent this to people who aren't currently paid subscribers. Hopefully they also sent it to people whose subscriptions end between now and May 26th as well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Bummer to hear this guys, esp. for those who are only taking a break, for whatever reason. 5 days notice, regardless of the company/business is just really low and not good for future business. I myself have to much time and energy invested to have my ORG disapear at this time.

Sorry to say this but alot of awesome folks will be hitting the road after this one.

Way to go Beckett....way to go.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Did anyone else get this email? I checked and I haven't, yet?
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

"With our growing traffic and user base, to prevent overloading of the server, we will be deleting Organize inventory of all unpaid users and creating a new subscription model for Organize/Trade."

Really? Not sure where this growing user base is, but they are not on the forums
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(05-21-2014, 12:37 PM)greekgoony Wrote: "With our growing traffic and user base, to prevent overloading of the server, we will be deleting Organize inventory of all unpaid users and creating a new subscription model for Organize/Trade."

Really? Not sure where this growing user base is, but they are not on the forums
i would say that a vast majoity of people who use the org dont use the forums. might be as much as a 7-1 ratio. i didnt use the forums for the first 6 years i was on beckett

(05-21-2014, 01:00 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i would say that a vast majoity of people who use the org dont use the forums. might be as much as a 7-1 ratio. i didnt use the forums for the first 6 years i was on beckett
Likewise, I was on 7 - 8 years before using the forums. I've traded with several here who never post.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html