`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ever use Ebay's Global Shipping Program?

Anyone ever use Ebay's Global Shipping Program?
I have a card that seems to be getting more interest from international buyers than US buyers and was thinking about using Ebay's Global Shipping Program so I can sell it overseas. I have never sold internationally so a little nervous about doing it. Is it worth it? Has anyone used it or have opinions on it? Thanks for any help

RE: Anyone ever use Ebay's Global Shipping Program?

other folks can give you more details, but my general opinion: dont use it.

Thanks jacoby. I just read a few reviews/complaints from both buyers and sellers and I think you're spot on so I will not be using the shipping program.

You're a wise man to avoid.

their international shipping program assesses a customs fee or duties automatically. so even if it's not worth a $100 they still assess the buyer the fee. so it actually escalates the costs to where an international buyer doesn't want to pay for it.

this causes problems because international buyers don't always look at what their specific country's shipping charges are on your auction. so when they get their invoice, it's so expensive and they tell you they don't want it anymore.

for canadian buyers, i have just gone to the usps website. they allow electronic delivery confirmation IF you use their website and do it online. If you go through paypal, you won't get that option. for a $100 package being delivered first class mail with electronic deliver confirmation it's $7 or $8. i haven't tried it for other countries yet. not sure what ups or fedex charges.