`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organize question.

Organize question.
So I have a question about how trades are processed in org.

Once a trade is agreed on I assume all cards go to the recently traded tab with my cards quantity going down 1.

So if I own a card and I trade for another will it change the quantity automatically or will I need too?

If I have wants listed that I trade for, will it change the want to 0 and the have to 1 or will it create a have and keep the want at one until I change it?

I also guess I can move things from recently traded to my folders at any time correct?

Thanks for the input.
Ok I am really lost now.

I have 2 of card A, I trade for another and its in my recently traded. I can not move it to the folder where the other ones are because it says its already there, but it still shows 2. I can add it to the collection and it creates a new line showing 2 and 1 which is ok but it still stays in my recently traded folder.

If I delete it from recently traded it deletes it from the other folder too. So how do you get anything out of your recently traded folder or will it stay there forever?
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

RE: Organize question.
Double check if you are adding or moving. Moving should remove it from recently traded and put it in your collection. I think adding keeps it in recently traded.

I like this feature as I try and track how cards got into my collection (trade with whom, store purchases, ebay buys, freebies ect) though it makes for double work removing them from the collection.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-19-2014, 09:13 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Once a trade is agreed on I assume all cards go to the recently traded tab with my cards quantity going down 1.
Yes, for your cards that have been traded.
(05-19-2014, 09:13 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: So if I own a card and I trade for another will it change the quantity automatically or will I need too?
Yes it should decrease by the amount you're trading.
(05-19-2014, 09:13 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: If I have wants listed that I trade for, will it change the want to 0 and the have to 1 or will it create a have and keep the want at one until I change it?
Can't help with this one. I don't use the Wants function.
(05-19-2014, 09:13 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: I also guess I can move things from recently traded to my folders at any time correct?
Yes. You can move the cards you've traded for to a different collection by checking it and Sending to another collection. If you have cards you traded that are still in your Recently Traded folder but you still want to keep those cards in their original collection too, then you can just click on the "X" on the Recently Traded Tag. If you have a lot of those to remove then you can make a New Collection, call it whatever you want, and Send all your selected Recently Traded cards to THAT collection. They will keep the Tags from their original collection as well as the tag for the new collection. You can then delete the new collection and your cards will be gone from your Recently Traded folder yet still remain in their original collections.

Sounds complicated but I think that's just the Beckett way. Hope it helps.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

"So if I own a card and I trade for another will it change the quantity automatically or will I need too?"

No, if you own a card and get another from a trader the record will just go to your Recently Traded folder and not increase the record already in your org (know this by experience).

"If I have wants listed that I trade for, will it change the want to 0 and the have to 1 or will it create a have and keep the want at one until I change it?"

No, again this will create a new record and will not pull your wants into the Recently Traded nor will it change the qty of want to have.

Hope this helps!

(05-19-2014, 09:13 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: So I have a question about how trades are processed in org.

Once a trade is agreed on I assume all cards go to the recently traded tab with my cards quantity going down 1.

So if I own a card and I trade for another will it change the quantity automatically or will I need too?

If I have wants listed that I trade for, will it change the want to 0 and the have to 1 or will it create a have and keep the want at one until I change it?

I also guess I can move things from recently traded to my folders at any time correct?

Thanks for the input.
Ok I am really lost now.

I have 2 of card A, I trade for another and its in my recently traded. I can not move it to the folder where the other ones are because it says its already there, but it still shows 2. I can add it to the collection and it creates a new line showing 2 and 1 which is ok but it still stays in my recently traded folder.

If I delete it from recently traded it deletes it from the other folder too. So how do you get anything out of your recently traded folder or will it stay there forever?
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Thanks guys, seems like the system could work a little more smoothly but I like being able to track my cards so no real complaints here
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

I agree, so when I trade for a want I move it to a folder called incoming...then search my org for the other record and delete it. When the card comes in I move it the haves folder.

(05-20-2014, 12:57 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Thanks guys, seems like the system could work a little more smoothly but I like being able to track my cards so no real complaints here
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.