`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone else bummed about the state of RBs?

RE: Anyone else bummed about the state of RBs?
(05-19-2014, 08:57 AM)Harv72b Wrote: Barry Sanders was insane. He might run 40 yards for a 5 yard gain on one play, but give him one little seam and he was gone. I don't think there will ever be another runner like him for the simple reason that all those moves & re-directions he'd do are coached out of young backs these days. Big Grin
Gio Bernard has some Barry Sanders in him...he had a run last year (can't remember vs who) Where he ran like 80yrds for a 20yrd td...an almost exact replica of a highlight I've seen over and over from Sanders...

(05-18-2014, 01:28 AM)jeremy7269 Wrote: With NFL offenses now so pass heavy, the dominant running backs are no longer. I think Adrian Peterson will be the last.

The days of Emmitt, Barry, LT and other running backs filling up the hobby as much as QBs is a thing of the past.

I think it is a sad thing for the hobby.
i feel the same way as you man. I miss the old days, well not so old like 2000-2008 when backs had a chance and the rules weren't so in favor of passing. In another 5-10 years it will be virtually flag football at this rate. It sucks.

Has anyone ever thought what NFL stands for? National Football League. Wrong
The correct answer is :
Not For Long
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(05-18-2014, 01:28 AM)jeremy7269 Wrote: With NFL offenses now so pass heavy, the dominant running backs are no longer. I think Adrian Peterson will be the last.

The days of Emmitt, Barry, LT and other running backs filling up the hobby as much as QBs is a thing of the past.

I think it is a sad thing for the hobby.
Actually you have the Patriots to thank for all the forced pass happy rules changes….

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's