Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new addition to the family coming soon and question

new addition to the family coming soon and question
Hey guys,
sorry i havent been on much lately been tied up with work and coaching sons basketball and baseball teams. Good news is we have been getting prepared for our daughter avery to arrive as she is due on may 19th. i have a family tradition which was started by my grandfather in 1984 that i have always gotten a factory set of topps. since my son now gets the topps sets what is the next best factory set to get cause i want to get something different for her? any ideas would be great, i am only looking for factory sealed sets.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

RE: new addition to the family coming soon and question
Well if you want to carry on the tradition indefinitely I would have to suggest Bowman (If it even comes in a factory) or Topps Chrome (same question) as over a long span of times Ginter, Gypsy Queen, Archives, could disappear as their popularity possibly decreases, and the Panini products, while good, may not be around either.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I think the only thing you can get in sealed factory set form is Topps. They did do a 2013 Bowman chrome mini factory set but I believe it is fairly expensive, so your best bet is probably Topps.

i still havent really seen any other sealed factory sets other than topps. the bowman chrome mini is nice but i dont think it will hold value at all. maybe ill go with a topps holiday set or all star set. i thought about doing football for him now and baseball for her but with panini taking over football it wont work
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.

I would buy her the factory updated sets by topps if they make them any more or at least the Heritage updated set. Just my opinion to getting her something different...
Congratulation by the way....

The only factory set that comes out each year with certainty is the Topps set. There are plenty of variations on the Topps factory set each year as well. In football, aside from the Topps set (going away with the Panini exclusive), there is a Score factory set that Panini has been putting out each year (not sure if it will continue forever though).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Congrats on the baby coming that would be my mom and dads anniversary 54 years ago. My Oldest is May 17th just missed it by 2 measly days LOL.

I would go with Topps as well like everyone else is saying or even contact Topps and see what they put out as factory sets. Maybe even go with a different sport like basketball for girls.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(12-22-2014, 05:42 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Congrats on the baby coming that would be my mom and dads anniversary 54 years ago. My Oldest is May 17th just missed it by 2 measly days LOL.

I would go with Topps as well like everyone else is saying or even contact Topps and see what they put out as factory sets. Maybe even go with a different sport like basketball for girls.
panini doesnt put out factory sets and they are exclusive to basketball and soon the only football card. i appreciate all the comments guys, i seen score football sets a few times but didnt know they had them every year. maybe ill do topps football for this year and next year a variation of topps baseball or i could always go with the sealed hobby box....which i just dont think i could live in a house with unopened wax lol

Panini has out a 2014 Donruss baseball factory set serial #'d to 2014. Don't know if this is something they are going to do every year or not.

Congrats on the coming addition to the family!