IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants a look at American Thunder??

Who wants a look at American Thunder??
Box Configuration: 20 Packs, 5 Cards per Pack

[Image: 2014ppamericanthunderbase_zps2cb96cfb.jpg]

70 card base set. Pulled the entire set, plus 17 or so dups. Last card there is #70 and is a checklist.

[Image: 2014ppamericanthunderparallel_zpsbb54bc0c.jpg]

1 Parallel per box, Jamie McMurray loves me. This is the black and White #/50. There are also Yellow parallels #/5.

[Image: 2014ppamericanthunderinserts1_zps8e0f3d1f.jpg]

4 New Insert Sets, all slated at 1:10 packs...so, 2 per box of each set.

[Image: 2014ppamericanthunderinserts2_zps12aa1af8.jpg]

The Hall of Fame inserts continue. This one is a Holofoil #/50.

[Image: 2014ppamericanthunderrelic_zpsb14d0ca9.jpg]

2 Relics per box. LOVE the Brothers in Arms set. And you can't beat the Quad we pulled. All multi-colored...sexay!! Not a fan of the single swatch Class A Uniform cards and unfortunately, that's the bulk of the relics in the set. Just got lucky with the Quad.

[Image: 2014ppamericanthunderauto_zpsb6d23d96.jpg]

Expect to see lots of complaints with this set because PP has gone with sticker autos, when they're normally on-card. I don't really care either way, so I think this is a pretty nice card. It's the White version #/25. The sticker is larger than your average sticker, so you get a nicer bigger auto (not as nice as on-card obvie, but still nice).

Good looking stuff, I think.

Jim

RE: Who wants a look at American Thunder??
Quad Relic and it was the last on produced for that parallel version.....DANG! Nice hits!
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

Nice hits man I like that quad brother in arms.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

Sick quad card
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I really like the looks of this set. And though I'm sad Fanfare was sacrificed, this looks like a very nice addition to the lineup. Can't wait till I get my boxes!

I wish I could pull JMac cards like y'all do!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(05-14-2014, 10:24 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: I really like the looks of this set. And though I'm sad Fanfare was sacrificed, this looks like a very nice addition to the lineup. Can't wait till I get my boxes!

I wish I could pull JMac cards like y'all do!
lol...well, this time around, that's the only JMac I got, other than the base.

Once your boxes roll in, if you don't get the Black and White...we'll work something out for it, if you need it.

Jim

(05-14-2014, 10:24 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: And though I'm sad Fanfare was sacrificed, this looks like a very nice addition to the lineup.
Wait, they got rid of Fanfare?! That was such a neat set though, would have preferred that over AT. Sticker autos though, that is what will be the downfall of the series and Press Pass.
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

Nice cards, especially the Quad Smile

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

The sticker autographs appear once a year have for the last few years. They do it because its the only way to get the product out this early in current uniforms without being photoshopped. They have them sign the stickers in daytona when they do the photo shoot. That way when the cards are in they can slap the sticker on and not have to send them out to be signed wait for them to come back etc.

Its only once a year and while i wll get my two i need for the certified collection i will later trade them for on card. its not going to be the demise of press pass because its been done this way for years now and hasnt killed them yet. Joey loganos first autograph was a sticker.

FANFARE was combined with redline but since redline had better numbers it kept the name but most of what everyone loved about fanfare will actually be in redline. Thunder replaced another product not fanfare
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(05-14-2014, 03:33 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: The sticker autographs appear once a year have for the last few years. They do it because its the only way to get the product out this early in current uniforms without being photoshopped. They have them sign the stickers in daytona when they do the photo shoot. That way when the cards are in they can slap the sticker on and not have to send them out to be signed wait for them to come back etc.

Its only once a year and while i wll get my two i need for the certified collection i will later trade them for on card. its not going to be the demise of press pass because its been done this way for years now and hasnt killed them yet. Joey loganos first autograph was a sticker.

FANFARE was combined with redline but since redline had better numbers it kept the name but most of what everyone loved about fanfare will actually be in redline. Thunder replaced another product not fanfare
Very interesting info. Thanks for that. I think it's amazing that this set released in May has Dale Jr winning the Daytona 500 in January on it...that's amazing turnaround. And certainly does explain the stickers.

Awesome!