`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay question about a returned item

Ebay question about a returned item
I sold a card last week on Ebay that was returned by the buyer. Card was listed as NrMt-Mt and buyer was WAY too picky in my opinion. It was a 2014 Bowman Chrome Refractor Mookie Betts Auto /500 and the ONLY thing wrong was 1 tiny indent about the size of a pin at the top of the card. Card was flawless otherwise. My guess is they had a change of heart or wanted to get a card at NrMt-Mt price and expecting Gem Mint. I have zero doubt it would grade at the very least a BGS 8 aka NrMt-Mt as advertised and will probably get it graded to prove that to the buyer. I have never had an issue like this on Ebay before and need to know if and how I will get my Final Value Fees back when doing refund. I shouldn't have to eat $8 because of an overly picky buyer. Any help is appreciated. Crap like this is one of the many reasons why I am getting a little sick of selling.

RE: Ebay question about a returned item
You should get your listing and FVF fees back automatically. Just look in your account and there should be a summary of transactions.
I would venture to guess it was member iamteach75, he is notorious for buying and returning cards that aren't GEM Mt.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(05-13-2014, 11:29 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: You should get your listing and FVF fees back automatically. Just look in your account and there should be a summary of transactions.
I would venture to guess it was member iamteach75, he is notorious for buying and returning cards that aren't GEM Mt.
Can you refuse to sell to certain buyers that have a bad reputation ?
You can sell without returns, right? ... And list the card and reference the photo selling. "As is" ... Can't you? I have hundreds of card purchases and never returned a card due to condition. They were always in a photo prior, so I knew what I was getting. That just seems ridiculous to return a card, expecting it to be a gem mint 10 card, if not advertised that way.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That sux I would have refused the return.

I've actually noticed a slight little pin indentation on a lot of chrome cards lately

(05-13-2014, 11:29 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: You should get your listing and FVF fees back automatically. Just look in your account and there should be a summary of transactions.
Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear I will get my money credited back to me. It wasn't the Ebay member you mentioned. It was Ebay member insaneitems. They have good feedback but I am now blocking them because I don't need the headache.
(05-13-2014, 11:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Can you refuse to sell to certain buyers that have a bad reputation ?
You can sell without returns, right? ... And list the card and reference the photo selling. "As is" ... Can't you? I have hundreds of card purchases and never returned a card due to condition. They were always in a photo prior, so I knew what I was getting. That just seems ridiculous to return a card, expecting it to be a gem mint 10 card, if not advertised that way.
You can refuse to sell to buyers with bad reps by blocking them. I have heard that Ebay will almost ALWAYS side with the buyer and force me to take the return anyway so I made it as painless as possible. I have never returned a card either.
(05-13-2014, 11:51 AM)rentzington Wrote: I've actually noticed a slight little pin indentation on a lot of chrome cards lately
I haven't noticed too many indentations on my cards but condition issues
are why I will usually stay away from Chrome cards. I just got caught up in the Bowman hype this year

I always add something in my eBay listings along the lines of the following, just to guard against people who are extremely picky about condition.
"I am not a professional grader, however from my judgment the card is in Near Mint or better condition. I know some people expect Near Mint to mean that the cards are flawless and in pristine condition (i.e. Gem Mint), however according to grading guidelines Near Mint allows for some minor flaws. While many of the cards I sell will be in Gem Mint condition condition, I will not claim such things for any cards and hope that you do not expect such things since the card is in not graded by an official grading company. You can see the pictures for more details. If you have any concerns about condition please send me a question before bidding."
The biggest problem is that eBay has instituted the return option and is pushing it as a drawing point for buyers to feel free to buy and return without consequence. So now some buyers are doing just that in hopes of landing a Gem Mint or Pristine card that they can send in for grading, and just returning any cards with minor flaws.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/