`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(cutting ?)1979 /80 TOPPS GRETZKY PROOF SHEET

(cutting ?)1979 /80 TOPPS GRETZKY PROOF SHEET
LET ME KNOW COLLECTING WORLDS THOUGHTS- WAS OFFERED TO SELL THIS SHEET TO A BUYER WHO HAS STATED THAT IT WILL BE CUT UP TO SINGLE CARDS AND GRADED- AND SOLD AS SINGLE CARDS-INCLUDING THE PROOF OF GRETZKYs RC- QUESTION IS SHOULD I SELL IT TO THIS BUYER? or wait TILL I GET OFFERED FROM A BUYER WHO WISHES TO KEEP SHEET AS WHOLE SHEET AND NOT CUT IT UP? --- keeping it as the one of a kind hockey card rarity it is . just thought id put it out there -what would you do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: (cutting ?)1979 /80 TOPPS GRETZKY PROOF SHEET
What would stop another buyer from selling to someone who would cut it up. If you don't want it to be cut don't sell.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

Personally I think it would be a shame to see it cut up. How competent would the job be so that the individual cards would retain their value? But, as stated, once out of your hands who knows what would happen?

ya understand that - just wanted to see how many people would cut it-or keep it whole- i have 2 different proof sheets of the process- both with topps vault certs. im keeping one and yes its on display on my office wall -

If you're even considering selling it, it obviously isn't anything you want to keep. Let it go.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

yep your right im goin put it up for sale-and keep the other one- the first buyer has now decided to buy another item , so ill be putting it up for auction later this month -thx

It would be a shame to have it cut, and if it is truly a proof sheet it would not have been cut as it was only used to check the printing process. Therefore it should be worth more uncut. My two cents.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS