(05-06-2014 07:31 PM)sshissler Wrote: Just curious what the thoughts of the forum are on this topic. I am to the point where I really need to focus on some specific areas of my PC and have lots of stuff I can unload that I've accumulated over the years that's not of interest.
So, as I see it, following are the options. Curious what you all think are pros and cons of each? Also, am I missing any major options?
1) eBay - lots of people have strong opinions both good and bad, but bottom line, biggest audience and easiest entry to the marketplace.
2) Sell on Beckett Marketplace - not sure the type of volume one can accept here?
3) Trade on Beckett - easy way to get like value for like value in my opinion.
4) COMC.com - have been sort of intrigued by what they are doing and have been considering looking into it further.
5) Build my own website - as long as I can embed and eBay store or links to COMC or another option that also drives sales, might work as well.
6) Maybe a combination of a few of the above?
Bottom line is that I know I can probably only expect 25-50% of Beckett valuations, which is fine. Most cards came from packs so there are definitely profits to be made to put back into other areas I want to build up.
What do you all think?
(05-07-2014 06:34 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: One thing not mentioned is that you can not only trade, but you can offer your items up for sale here. Just have to make sure they are marked for sale and have a price listed. You can then sell them for whatever amount you want, it doesn't have to be your listed price. Works exactly like a trade This isn't an auction though, so don't put them in for a penny and then expect folks to bid em up. Also, other traders will expect a discount here verses auction and other sites due to there being no fees paid.
It has worked great for me on both sides as a seller and a buyer.
Myself, I don't like COMC on the selling side....thier fees to me are outlandish.