Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best way

What is the best way
to unload/sell cards/a collection.
I have a lot of cards I don't want anymore. I am keeping the meaning full ones but want to get rid of some other ones. I Garnett Rookie Cards, some other Rookie Cards, some sets and some other things. I am heading a new direction in collecting and just wondering where I could get fair market value for things?
I don't know if these kinds of questions are allowed but I thought I would ask.

RE: What is the best way
(05-04-2014, 02:58 PM)Brutalfly Wrote: to unload/sell cards/a collection.
I have a lot of cards I don't want anymore. I am keeping the meaning full ones but want to get rid of some other ones. I Garnett Rookie Cards, some other Rookie Cards, some sets and some other things. I am heading a new direction in collecting and just wondering where I could get fair market value for things?
I don't know if these kinds of questions are allowed but I thought I would ask.
I know a few message boards (Net54, Collectors universe and the BGS forum) have a buy, sell, trade section where you can try to sell or trade them. Ebay is also another way to go.
As for getting a "fair" market value, I don't really see that happening unless they are high dollar cards or you piece them out and sell them one by one. But if you're looking to get rid of them at once, you can sell all of them for buy it now or Best offer on ebay.

Fair Market Value on a bunch of mid-90's nothing cards is essentially nothing. Unless you have Jordan's or scarce inserts you are really carrying these cards for no real benefit because there are more of the cards out there than there are people collecting those cards.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(05-04-2014, 04:02 PM)altz11 Wrote: I know a few message boards (Net54, Collectors universe and the BGS forum) have a buy, sell, trade section where you can try to sell or trade them. Ebay is also another way to go.
As for getting a "fair" market value, I don't really see that happening unless they are high dollar cards or you piece them out and sell them one by one. But if you're looking to get rid of them at once, you can sell all of them for buy it now or Best offer on ebay.
If you put a lot of 90's cards in a 99 cent auction, expect to part with them for 99 cents. Most lots that sell have a couple cards in them as bait to get people to buy the whole thing. If the cards are in great condition (basically brand new) you can put them up individually and sell them off a little at a time, but the process to scan the cards and run the auctions is time consuming and you'll likel have them listed for a long time before they sell, though this is the best way to actually get something for them.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

(05-04-2014, 11:39 PM)carrollm09 Wrote: If you put a lot of 90's cards in a 99 cent auction, expect to part with them for 99 cents. Most lots that sell have a couple cards in them as bait to get people to buy the whole thing. If the cards are in great condition (basically brand new) you can put them up individually and sell them off a little at a time, but the process to scan the cards and run the auctions is time consuming and you'll likel have them listed for a long time before they sell, though this is the best way to actually get something for them.
Yeah I already knew that, I just didn't want to assume I knew what he had simply by him saying he had "Garnett Rookie cards".