Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is the best way

What is the best way
to unload/sell cards/a collection.
I have a lot of cards I don't want anymore. I am keeping the meaning full ones but want to get rid of some other ones. I Bettis Rookie Cards, some other Rookie Cards, some more common memorabilia cards a couple sets and some other things. I am heading a new direction in collecting and just wondering where I could get fair market value for things?
I don't know if these kinds of questions are allowed but I thought I would ask.

RE: What is the best way
I've tried selling my other cards for a couple of years. I have 25k cards and full of rookies, serial #, jersey, auto and I got a $75 offer. It sucks but in order to get money back, or any at all, sell each card individually. Start an eBay account and sell each one separate. It sucks but most people don't collect everything anymore.

RE: What is the best way
(05-04-2014, 02:58 PM)Brutalfly Wrote: to unload/sell cards/a collection.
I have a lot of cards I don't want anymore. I am keeping the meaning full ones but want to get rid of some other ones. I Bettis Rookie Cards, some other Rookie Cards, some more common memorabilia cards a couple sets and some other things. I am heading a new direction in collecting and just wondering where I could get fair market value for things?
I don't know if these kinds of questions are allowed but I thought I would ask.
Yeah, given that it sounds like you don't want to drag this out too much, you're probably looking at taking a significant loss relative to the book values on these cards. You can probably move them a little faster on eBay by combining them into team or player lots, but don't expect to get more than a dollar or two per lot (unless your cards are a lot more valuable than you make them sound here).

You can also just donate them to charity. I don't have a link handy but I know there are groups which accept sports card donations which are then given to kids around the nation.