Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Product advice...

Product advice...
Good Afternoon,

Fortunately, I was able to get a little extra money from my tax refund. I would like to treat myself a little with some product(s) and am hoping to get a little advice on best recommendations on what's out there.

I'm prob going to spend around $500 on boxes and I enjoy collecting almost everything. My favorite by far is probably hockey. I also love baseball, football, racing, golf even basketball.

What do you think is the best bang for your buck in terms of enjoyment and value?

I really appreciate you reading this and any advice you can pass on.

Take care,

Law

RE: Product advice...
What type of cards do you PC? Will make a big difference on what people say.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I agree with snobles, it really depends on what you PC. A week ago I pre ordered a couple boxes of ITG Lord Stanley's Mug. Only 1 pack per box though, so it's short but sweet. They look amazing, and I couldn't pass it up. If you're into veteran auto's and GU, you should take a look at it.

(04-29-2014, 06:14 PM)snobles Wrote: What type of cards do you PC? Will make a big difference on what people say.
I live in the Southeast (Alabama( where football is king, but I love all sports to varying degrees. My favorite cards to collect would be hockey and baseball number 1a and 1b. (I know weird for a Southerner but I did live in Buffalo, NY last year...yea Sabres...lol). My next would be collecting football cards.

Then we have a dropoff and I would go NASCAR, PGA, NBA, Wrestling, and I've actually amassed quite a collecting on Gaming cards (Magic, etc.). I don't play the games but I do like trying to acquire the rare valuable cards and I appreciate the artwork.

Anyway, I hope this sheds a little light and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Law
RTR

I think people are asking what type of hockey cards (players, team)do you keep in your personal collection, or are you going to be re-selling the hits out of the boxes etc.
Or do you just keep all the cards from the boxes you open?

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

(04-30-2014, 10:21 AM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: I think people are asking what type of hockey cards (players, team)do you keep in your personal collection, or are you going to be re-selling the hits out of the boxes etc.
Or do you just keep all the cards from the boxes you open?
Exactly...are you a player collector, team collector...do you prefer goalies over players. Do you like GU or AU cards. Are you a RC collector. Do you like newer or older players.

So many questions change what we would suggest for you.

If you are looking for something newer that has a great overall set and is well collected I would stick with UDS1, the YG are always popular.

Anyway best of luck with what you pick. I am a goalie collector (Patrick Roy) so a set like Between The Pipes is geared for me.

[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Sets or individual team or player, have a look at the box break section to get an idea of what the cards look like. UD series 1 and 2 are always good with the young guns adding a challenge to complete the sets, but boxes are affordable.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(04-30-2014, 10:39 AM)snobles Wrote: Exactly...are you a player collector, team collector...do you prefer goalies over players. Do you like GU or AU cards. Are you a RC collector. Do you like newer or older players.

So many questions change what we would suggest for you.

If you are looking for something newer that has a great overall set and is well collected I would stick with UDS1, the YG are always popular.

Anyway best of luck with what you pick. I am a goalie collector (Patrick Roy) so a set like Between The Pipes is geared for me.
I definitely collect everything and tend to hang on to what I get no matter the value of the items. I don't have a favorite team or player I just love the sport in general. I really enjoy collecting the young guns or rookie cards or anything this is autographed or serial numbered. In the last few years in hockey, I'd say I bought more
Black Diamond than any with hopes of getting some of the rare Ice cards. I also enjoy the UD series and the YG's offered. I've even bought Score just to get a better bang for the bund. I ended up buying a Trilogy box last year on the real high end side. I enjoy pulling short prints, autos, rookies, established stars, and anything serial numbered. I'm 35yo and collected when I was in my pre teens then took a hiatus up until the last 3 years, so the game totally changed. I'm the type that will want to hold on to everything hoping to pass down the collection to my kids one day. Being an Alabama native for most of my life, football is king but I have been fortunate to attend a Dallas Stars homes game and Sabres home game. I still have a passion to one day have my own store or business in trading cards, but we will see. I get very attached to what I pull, so it's always very exciting to pull some nice cards. Anyway, sorry to ramble but that's my thoughts. We don't have any hobby retail shops around here anymore so I primarily order thru eBay and occasionally will pick up some packs at a super retailer. Well, hope this sheds some light. I've really put together an exceptional hockey collection the last few years, so maybe I can get some pics to share. In the meantime thought, I'm yearning to dig into a new box of something. Take care... - Law