`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Leaf Unopened & 2013 Leaf Valiant

2014 Leaf Unopened & 2013 Leaf Valiant
So, I got these today from DA and was going to wait and open them when I got home, but by lunch, I couldn't wait anymore LOL so I opened them.

So, first up was the Leaf Unopened. I opened the cut auto first and was completely underwhelmed:

Meh, ok, not a great start, but maybe the box will be better. Take the bubble wrap off and it's a box of 2013 Playbook. All right, I can handle that, I guess. I was wanting to buy one eventually anyway, but just never really got to it. Start opening it, and the first pack I open has this:

Ryan Tannehill auto 2/10! Not bad, not bad at all.

Second pack was the first booklet:

Not terrible great, but a Montee Ball jersey /199 is better than a kick in the pants, so can't complain about that one.

Third pack was the second booklet:

Too bad this wasn't a better player, but still not a bad card. Marquise Goodwin black auto patch, #d 1/5

Fourth pack was a big meh.....

So, overall, the Playbook was ok. I think I got some decent value out of it, but not really worth the 160 I spent for it (especially considering a box of 2013 Playbook sells for 90 bucks right now elsewhere). Still, 130 value almost gets me to about the price of the box.

I did a bit better with the Valiant, I think, and this makes the value of what I bought worth about what I paid.

Base autos: Dee Milliner, Mike Gillislee:

Denard Purple (/25) and Bjoern Werner Orange (50/50):

And, the best one of the group, I think, Landry Jones On Target Orange */25

I also got 2 blasters of UD University of Oklahoma, but didn't get much other than base out of it really. But they were free, so can't complain about that.

All of these are FT, by the way.

RE: 2014 Leaf Unopened & 2013 Leaf Valiant
Always kinda sucks when a nice, low #d card is ruined by being a marginal player...lol

PM sent re: the Ball book...
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(04-28-2014, 01:32 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Always kinda sucks when a nice, low #d card is ruined by being a marginal player...lol

PM sent re: the Ball book...
True, but it's still a cool card Smile The Tannehill was probably the best pull from the Playbook by far. I'm actually pretty happy with the results of this even though Playbook wasn't exactly what I was hoping to get from the unopened product, but I figured I'd get a 2013 box of some sort (was really hoping for Triple Threads)

Very nice Tannehill!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Getting an /10 and an /5 auto out of a current-year product is pretty sick, even more so when you get those out of only four cards! As for Goodwin being a marginal player, if there's one thing that eBay has taught me it's that every player has his collectors. Big Grin I've even run into other Aaron Mellette collectors on there, and in his case we're talking about a 7th-round pick from last year who's never seen the field during a regular-season game.

I'd love the Ball if you didn't know that already :p

Check me for the Werner
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Give the Goodwin some time. He's well liked in Buffalo, and Buffalo fans LOVE their team.

....and there has been some murmurings about the Bills looking into other options past Stevie Johnson...
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Nice Looking autos
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(04-28-2014, 07:55 PM)Harv72b Wrote: Getting an /10 and an /5 auto out of a current-year product is pretty sick, even more so when you get those out of only four cards! As for Goodwin being a marginal player, if there's one thing that eBay has taught me it's that every player has his collectors. Big Grin I've even run into other Aaron Mellette collectors on there, and in his case we're talking about a 7th-round pick from last year who's never seen the field during a regular-season game.
You know, that's very true, I didn't think of it that way. Even though I didn't get any big rc autos, just the fact I got a Tannehill of 10 and the /5 goodwin was pretty lucky, especially considering that this was a box that Leaf picked up from a distributor and just threw in another box. I saw a couple boxes in breaks that probably wouldn't have netted 20 bucks for all of the cards... One was 2008 SP, and it had 2 autos in it of some guys who I don't think were even playing in 2009.