`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Collection Question

RE: Player Collection Question
Backes, Steen or maybe Miller. My son collects Halak But he isn't a Blue anymore Sad
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(04-28-2014, 01:04 AM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: Nice job on the cards. One thing I would consider, because I've done PC's of more popular and less popular (I used to collect Andrew Alberts off the Canucks as an example), is the less popular guys tend to have less "cool" cards available, and you'll find yourself running out of stuff to collect other than base. The upside is they are generally much cheaper to collect. Personal preference, I think it's cool to collect the "grinders"
That is a good point! i did a little bit of looking and I think that Jackman has some pretty cool cards, but not an overwhelming amount that would make it seem like I will always have cards to chase of him. I like the "grinders" too but the thing is I am trying to find a player that has been with the team a while, and that is Jackman. Thanks for your feedback!

(04-28-2014, 12:35 PM)bguzowski16 Wrote: Brett Hull?? Who is that guy? You don't want to collect him....... LOL
Don't worry, I am staying away from Hull! Lol I don't have that kind of money. Plus my baseball player PC is of a retired player(Jim Edmonds) and I just want to collect a player that is still actively playing.
(04-28-2014, 02:20 PM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Backes, Steen or maybe Miller. My son collects Halak But he isn't a Blue anymore Sad
I really like both Backes and Steen, but I feel like the competition for both is going to be much greater and of course more expensive. When it comes to Miller, I don't see him being around next year and that is why I am staying away from him. I had been thinking about Halak originally because I wanted to collect a goalie but for some reason the Blues had to get rid of him Sad Tell your son good luck with his collection and I will send any his way if I come across them.

I probably have a handful of jim edmonds cards (nothing fantastic)... I am slowwwwwly getting rid of my baseball, so definitely keep me in mind if you get and backes cards!

EDIT: and yes I am from and now live in the Twin Cities are in MN, not only that, but I went to Minnesota State University with Backes. Great guy and VERY smart with a knockout girlfriend (now wife)!